Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK Unlimited: a succes story

Old 02-21-2010, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Unlimited: a succes story

About 3 years already that the JK Unlimited is on our road, and I must say that it's a succes story. Think about it: a Jeep Wrangler with 4 doors! It's not normal, it doesn't look like the Willys anymore. But now, 75% to 80% of the JK's sold are Unlimited in my area. And now, when I see a 2-door JK, it looks not normal!
The Unlimited has become the "normal" Wrangler. Not a good news for the purists... but I'm very happy with my choice
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from Tatooine and there are mostly 2drs over there. I saw one unlimited, but it was 2wd.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 PM
JK Super Freak

A success story indeed. It is the ONLY thing that Chrysler has done right in quite some time.

I know if it wasn't for FOUR doors my family wouldn't have a Jeep Wrangler. With my wife, son, 80lb lab, myself and all our stuff we wouldn't have a Wrangler. We can't afford a third "play" vehicle that a two door would have had to have been so thank you Chrysler. Wow, that was hard to type. LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77
A success story indeed. It is the ONLY thing that Chrysler has done right in quite some time.

I know if it wasn't for FOUR doors my family wouldn't have a Jeep Wrangler. With my wife, son, 80lb lab, myself and all our stuff we wouldn't have a Wrangler. We can't afford a third "play" vehicle that a two door would have had to have been so thank you Chrysler. Wow, that was hard to type. LOL
X2 for Chrysler... really a bunch of jerks inside the administration

X3 for the family. Samething here; I have 6 kids, I prefer the 2 door JK, but buying it was impossible with my situation
Old 02-21-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dylanjam77

I'm with you on that. I need a 4 door to haul kids, and the higher towing capacity to pull our motorcycle trailer. Never would have considered a Jeep if the Unlimited didn't come along.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

The only reason I never bought a CJ or a Wrangler was they were too short for my needs. Had a XJ and an MJ for many years, though.
When the 4dr come along, I waited a year, then bought one. I use it for more than just 4 wheeling.

I really want a 2dr, but just can't get by with one.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:01 PM
JK Freak

I have no need for a 4 door, and really didn't like them when they came out, but after seeing them lifted with a nice set of tires, I could see owning one if I needed the room.

I also never thought I would own a double cab truck, but there's one in my driveway now. The four doors are infinitely more useful than fighting with a fold forward seat.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like them both as well. The two door because it will fit anywhere, and the four door because anything will fit in it. Chrysler really dropped the ball with the way you have to enter into the rear seat on the 2 door. Granted, it was fun watching some of my female friends try to squeeze back there. Another thing I like about the unlimited is that they didn't change anything about the styling to try to make it look pretty. Just stretch and slap extra doors on. This gives it a very purposeful and function over form look that I really like.

Wish I could keep them both. But what would be the point?

Quick Reply: JK Unlimited: a succes story