Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK vs H1

Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK vs H1

JK Unlimited 4 Doors with Half Doors vs H1 (1995 offered in Half Door)

$22K vs $170K you could get almost (8) JKs for the price of (1) H1

Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Taken from another thread
"The're called Hummers because they suck"
Old 05-09-2007, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Major Ho
Taken from another thread
"The're called Hummers because they suck"
Hummers do not suck. HMMWV's just not practical for cake eating civilians. H2 and H3 are not Hummers they are some sort of morphed chevrolet GM sh1t.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Omega Man, what part of The Woodlands do you live in? I have a Greystone 4dr and live out in Sterling Ridge... Welcome
Old 05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Omega Man
Hummers do not suck. HMMWV's just not practical for cake eating civilians. H2 and H3 are not Hummers they are some sort of morphed chevrolet GM sh1t.
DITTO! The capability of the H1 far surpasses a stock JK. The H1 is purpose built for environments JKs could not survive in. Now the H2 and 3 are crap.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:51 PM
JK Freak

ditto, people always compare H1 to jeeps on the rocks.....come out in the real world and see what that thing can do, its crazy..why do you think the military uses them.

H2 and H3 are just crapy period....out of the box, jeep rubicon H1, defender 90 and 110 are the most capable in the world...period
Old 05-09-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by armycop
DITTO! The capability of the H1 far surpasses a stock JK. The H1 is purpose built for environments JKs could not survive in. Now the H2 and 3 are crap.
Ever taken an H1 up any serious mountain trails? In that environment, they do truly suck - too wide and too heavy. If you were to take them both all over the world, you will find the JK rubi will go more places than the H1.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
Ever taken an H1 up any serious mountain trails? In that environment, they do truly suck - too wide and too heavy. If you were to take them both all over the world, you will find the JK rubi will go more places than the H1.
Here we go again, ? vs ? > H1 you can't run me, ,,,,,,

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

They are made for diffrent things and are copletely diffrent vehicals. i could say that my boat is more capable then the jeep because there is more water then land on earth right....thats basically what you are saying. You cant base a vehicals capability on where it isnt possible for it to fit. if it doesnt fit, you find another way right. Out of the box, they are more capable then out jeeps....end of story. My best friend had one, with a deisel engine. I have seen him do some crazy stuff in that thing. when you can run 37s stock, and put 40s on it with a mild lift, while keeping your cog extreemly low, not much out there is going to stop you. Ill tell ya right now, it could ford deeper water, go in deeper mud, climb steeper hils and never break.
out of the box, it is more capable then our jeeps. now i love jeeps, but this is just a fact we are going to have to face. H1 was made for one purpose, to be the best that it can at everything, while keeping people safe and not breaking, that is what it does. I encourage YOU to take a H1 out with you. its weakest point is on the rocks, anywhere else, its amazing.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greggradwohl
I don't understand why we have this discussion weekly..

But obviously they suck as rock crawlers..they weren't made to be rock crawlers. They were made to be all around durable for the military..that means jungles, desert, etc....and yes mountains....but not rock crawling. That's what dyno is for..blow up the rocks and plow through. :toung: