Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

JK vs H1

Old 05-10-2007, 02:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
I don't understand why we have this discussion weekly..

But obviously they suck as rock crawlers..they weren't made to be rock crawlers. They were made to be all around durable for the military..that means jungles, desert, etc....and yes mountains....but not rock crawling. That's what dyno is for..blow up the rocks and plow through. :toung:
Hey, this definitely has the H1 beat in the fording dept,...right through the River...this silly threads fun
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-10-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats the biggest tire and wheels you can put on that and what should the backspacing/offset?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

OMG I can't believe that someone would try and compare a Hummer Alpha H1 to a four door JK. That's friggin crazy.

First of lets run through the list of things that the Hummer has for a nice price of 150K that the JK for 25K doesn't.

Duramax 6.6L turbo diesel with 330HP and 520 ft lbs. of torque
Allison 5 speed heavy duty towing transmission
9300lb tow rating
2500lb payload
27 gallon main fuel tank with a 24.5 gallon aux.
37 x 12.5 x 17 load rating E off road tires
CTI.....Cetral Tire Inflation system
Front and rear Eaton ELockers
A transfer case with the ability to let you have rear wheel drive, front wheel drive and 4 wheel drive
2 piece aluminum beadlock wheels
10,000lb winch

Having said that the 2 vehicles a cleary in 2 different categories. Go ahead and compare the JK to the H3 but in no way can you with the Alpha.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Omega Man
Hummers do not suck. HMMWV's just not practical for cake eating civilians. H2 and H3 are not Hummers they are some sort of morphed chevrolet GM sh1t.
Amen to that. H1s are incredible machines, while H2 and H3 are simply overpriced, underpowered Chevy SUVs with big tires.
Old 05-10-2007, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dayton1999
Amen to that. H1s are incredible machines, while H2 and H3 are simply overpriced, underpowered Chevy SUVs with big tires.
It would be nice to own both,...you could tow your JK with a 4" lift, gears, 37's, disco'd, armored, locked, etc, etc,....with the H1. Then go rock crawl all day long, when you get back to the parking lot you'll probably have to seperate all the people looking at it just to get to the door. It would be nice to own both.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onsafari
OMG I can't believe that someone would try and compare a Hummer Alpha H1 to a four door JK. That's friggin crazy.

First of lets run through the list of things that the Hummer has for a nice price of 150K that the JK for 25K doesn't.

Duramax 6.6L turbo diesel with 330HP and 520 ft lbs. of torque
Allison 5 speed heavy duty towing transmission
9300lb tow rating
2500lb payload
27 gallon main fuel tank with a 24.5 gallon aux.
37 x 12.5 x 17 load rating E off road tires
CTI.....Cetral Tire Inflation system
Front and rear Eaton ELockers
A transfer case with the ability to let you have rear wheel drive, front wheel drive and 4 wheel drive
2 piece aluminum beadlock wheels
10,000lb winch

Having said that the 2 vehicles a cleary in 2 different categories. Go ahead and compare the JK to the H3 but in no way can you with the Alpha.
For the h1, you need this list of gear to get the 7 foot wide monstrosity to move anywhere.

I guess its possible the civilian version is more capable than the military version (all my experience). But I would guess its the other way around. I have taken an h1 a few places a rubi couldnt go. There are a bunch of places I couldnt get the h1 (hmmwv) that a rubi would have no difficulty.

I guess it doesnt matter, regardless. I dont have the bank to consider owning my own h1. So, JK it is.

Last edited by greggradwohl; 05-10-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Personally rather own both! These two are two differnt monsters that aren't compareable. I just wonder if yo can put 30" dub wheels on a H1.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

dont forget the fact that it has an independent suspension that articulates like a straight axel, and it also has a transfer case with gears in each wheel, so you can actually only lock 3 if you want to or 4 or 1 or 2 etc...
honestly, i cant belive this is still in debate....the H1 is more capapble then the rubi, plane and simple.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RockRash
we have a hummer h1 in the shop my boss bought it 7 or 8 months ago befor we panted it we took it off road to sea what it could do, it did great on dry dirt and hils but in mud soft sand no way.
I have the am general advanced mobility operation guide and have a comparison to a hummer h1 and a 4 door jk the 2 are not to far off.

JEEP.............................................. .........................HUMMER H1

ENGINE............................................ .............................ENGINE
3.8l 202hp 237lb.ft.......................................6.5 l 160 hp @4300 290flb.ft
.................................................. ...................5.7l gas 190hp @4000 300lb.ft
BREAKOVER ANGLE........................................6.7l turbo 190hp @3400 385lb.ft
2 door-25.3.............................................. .................................................. ...........
4 door-20.8.............................................. ............BREAKOVER ANGLR
.................................................. ..........................................22
APPROACH ANGLE............................................. .................................................. ..
22.3.............................................. ...............................APPROACH ANGLE
.................................................. ...............................................72
DEPARTURE ANGLE............................................. ..............47 with winch
40.4.............................................. ..............................DEPARTURE ANGLE
.................................................. ..............................................37.5
WATER FORDING........................................... .................................................. ......
max 30"............................................... ........................GRADE CAPABILITY
.................................................. ..............................................60%
GRADE CAPABILITY........................................ .................................................. ..................
60%............................................... ......................................SIDE ANGLE
.................................................. ............................................40 degrees
SIDE ANGLE............................................. .................................................. ............
40 degrees........................................... ............................WATER FORDING
.................................................. .............................................max 30"
.................................................. .............................with 5.7 gas engine max 24"
the hummer comes with front and rear lockers as do rubicons. The hummers are geard lower with a max low gear of 35.36:1 but jeeps dont way 10000 pounds. not all h1 come with winches most people think theay do.if you have ever sat in the h1 you know the jk has more space to seat people. H1 can air down and re inflate frome inside th cab jeeps can not. you can not modify a h1 the way you can jeep and th h1 is $40 to $60 thousand more than the jk to me the price diffrence makes up for some of the cool stuf the h1 has.

All H1 Alpha's come with Duramax Diesel's and since this was the vehicle that the original post was comparing a JK to your engine options for the H1 are not warranted. Secondly your gonna TRY and compare a gutless V6 to the power of a diesel......your on crack cuz you can't even begin to try it.

Your low range numbers are way off on the H1 as well....I think you forgot to factor in either the transfer case gearing or the portal box gearing.

They are two completely different vehicles in two completely different classes so this thread is just another stupid attempt at trying to prove that the Jeep is far superior to everyone else and well it's not....SORRY

Last edited by onsafari; 05-11-2007 at 07:04 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by onsafari
All H1 Alpha's come with Duramax Diesel's and since this was the vehicle that the original post was comparing a JK to your engine options for the H1 are not warranted. Secondly your gonna TRY and compare a gutless V6 to the power of a diesel......your on crack cuz you can't even begin to try it.

Your low range numbers are way off on the H1 as well....I think you forgot to factor in either the transfer case gearing or the portal box gearing.

They are two completely different vehicles in two completely different classes so this thread is just another stupid attempt at trying to prove that the Jeep is far superior to everyone else and well it's not....SORRY
Ok, finally figured out why this is a Pro JK thread....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxoomyFs_0