Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

just came back from tucson, az.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just came back from tucson, az.

my wife & i we attend every year the tucson gemshow on february... of course i took some time to visit some of the local offroad shops since in mazatlan mexico, there isnīt an offroad only shop; and the ones that are in other cities in mexico are way expensive. so i went to 4wheel parts and got the kc slime lights, windshield brackets and a mopar hitch receiver. when we were out of the shop, there were 2 pretty cool jkīs in the parking lot, that i took some time to see the mods that they had(that is something you dont see everyday in mazatlan. but the next day i went to desert rat and got the teraflex 2.5" bb and some other stuff for my jk. the guy that helped me said that i had to go and pick the suspension lift at the warehouse a couple of blocks from there. when my wife and i got to this desert rat warehouse... my god!!!! it was like offroad heaven: a big hangar full of super swampers and boxes. we went wow!!!! iīm so going back and get some more stuff, but the wife didnīt let me cause we were going to drive to scottsdale for the next day and shop at the scottsdale fashion square mall$$.

if you go to the desert rat web site, they donīt show what they really carry in stock, they should modifie it...

i had a great experience in getting offroad parts for my jk, and i canīt wait for the next time that iīm going to the us. you guys are so lucky to have everything on thhose prices near your house...
Old 02-18-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It smells like rubber for five blocks around that place.How is the drive from Mazatlan and how long did it take? I do alot of driving in the Baja and always wanted to go down the main land.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ronson
How is the drive from Mazatlan and how long did it take?
youīll love the highway itīs very good conditions and not to much curves or hills; itīs so easy to drive it that sometimes you get sleepy. it takes eleven and a half to 12hours to get to nogales from mazatlan. when i drive to tucson we usually start driving at 4 am, fill the gas tank twice and arrive to tucson at 5pm. tired, but we do it in one day. there are some that stay for the night in hermosillo that itīs 3hours from nogales. if you like diving on the highway, youīll love it

Quick Reply: just came back from tucson, az.