Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just Completely Frustrated

Old 01-18-2007, 04:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Completely Frustrated

Ok got the ol' jeep back today the dealership had it for 11 hrs they said the problem with the scratching noise was due to glazing of the rotors so they trimmed the rotors and swore this would fixem.....not quite as the noise is still there and getting worse....as regards to the engine whistling they said it was due to the CAI which it is not as it occured before install not to mention it is not a sucking in sound there is also a TSB for '07 G cherokees, liberties and commanders for the exact issue i'm having but none for the JK.....as far as the hood padding that is for fires DC states its for noise reduction and vibration but noone could tell me if it is standard.....NEWS FLASH only the x BASIC and I mean basic has no padding mine has the S package which so happens I found 3 2 door models with the same package as mine all with the padding...however the dealership said I could pay for one.....WTF?

PLSE IF ANYONE HAS SOME WORDS OF ADVICE I'M BEGGING YOU FOR SOME HELP NOT TOO GO FOR PITY BUT MY SON IS HAVING OPEN HEART SURGERY NEXT WEEK AND i DONT WANT TO DEAL WITH THIS B.S. ANYMORE HE WAS THE REASON I BOUGHT THIS THING SO HE COULD HAVE SOME FUN IN THIS.....
Old 01-18-2007, 04:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Just be confident and forthcoming with your dealer. Tell him you had certain expectations and that he had better deliver or you will go straight to DC about it. How long have you had the Jeep? Tell them you want another one if this one will not suit you. No matter what product you buy, there will be a few that come of the line with some defects that others do not have... maybe this is the case with you. Bottom line... don't take any crap about it and tell them what they will do, don't ask. I wish you luck, man... as well as your son.

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 01-18-2007 at 06:50 PM.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Best wishes with your son's surgery and getting your JK the way it should be.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have a great new jeep - try to stay level headed and think of all the fun you and your family will have with it.

I suggest taking off the CAI and puting back on the factory one - if it whistles, bring it back - if not then it was the CAI.

As for the hood liner - there are others who do not have one - DC has a 800 corporate line for customer service - lodge a complaint with them -

tell them it is listed on the Jeep website - make a case -

if you don't get the liner - maybe you dealer will split the cost or sell it to you at his cost.

good luck
Old 01-18-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good luck with the dealer and even better luck with the boy.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
JK Newbie

Put the CAI back on and take it to another 5 star dealership and see what they say (don't mention the other dealer of course).
Old 01-19-2007, 12:25 AM
JK Freak

Nice try - All dealers are now on the same computer nation wide - your VIN is seen by big brother wherever you go....
Old 01-19-2007, 01:33 AM
JK Freak

Exclamation

Yea.........take the cai off and let him hear it whistle. Tell him you want a new rotor and any other suspect brake parts. Every other car has a TSB for whistling but the wrangler ? WTF ?? Get me a new f$%^&@G pad for the engine or i'm taking it out of one of the other jeeps !!
Good luck with your son.....
Old 07-05-2011, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

Default engine whistling at 1,500 to 2,000 RPM

I,m getting a whistle only when I step on the gas at around 1,500 to 2,000 RPM. Does anyone know what this can be? I have a stock air intake.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by EmergedRock
I,m getting a whistle only when I step on the gas at around 1,500 to 2,000 RPM. Does anyone know what this can be? I have a stock air intake.
Check your air filter... Could be a rip... Probably just a bad seal. Could be flipped over one way or another. check the clamps on the hoses going into you TB as well, could be loose.

Also, just thought about another thing... Have you wired up any electronics recently? New radio or speakers or any thing? Sometimes that sound like whistling when it's actually electrical...

Good luck.

Last edited by NH-JK; 07-05-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Just Completely Frustrated