Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just got my VIN

Old 05-08-2007, 06:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just got my VIN

Just got my VIN. I've been a little worried about getting an 07 Sahara with the locker and electronic disconnects but it looks like everything is on track at this point.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Freak

Congrats... Good to see some of us are moving forward!

BTW, when did your original order go in?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

I ordered on the 27th of April. I just called and it's in D1 with a build date of May17th. Looks like this one will beat me to the dealership. I do not return to the states until the 29th of August.
Also, i asked about 07 orders being cancelled and he said as long as they were through edit by dealer cutoff (which he said was in May but did not give a firm date) they will be built as an 07. I did not ask about rubicons only wranglers in general. I'm sure there is more to it than that. I'm just glad mine is getting built.

Last edited by Hawkdriver; 05-08-2007 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver
I ordered on the 27th of April.
That's impressive... I'm jealous. Maybe I shouln't have ordered the Rubi.... nah, I guess it'll be worth the wait... at least that's what everyone is saying.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

I'm pretty surprised as well. I was sure it was going to get delayed based on what i have been reading on this site.

I thought about the Rubicon for a while but now i'm glad i went with the Sahara with a few extra's. I'm not going to have that front locker or the transfercase but i'm sure i can still have a little fun with her. Besides that, not a huge need for that 4:1 in Hawaii.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hawkdriver
I'm pretty surprised as well. I was sure it was going to get delayed based on what i have been reading on this site.

I thought about the Rubicon for a while but now i'm glad i went with the Sahara with a few extra's. I'm not going to have that front locker or the transfercase but i'm sure i can still have a little fun with her. Besides that, not a huge need for that 4:1 in Hawaii.

Oh yeah, you'll be fine. That'll be an awesome ride in Hawaii... perfect vehicle for out there!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear. Reading your story it sounds identical to mine. I am in the US Army currently stationed in Baumholder, Germany and PCS'ing back to the states on the 14th of June so I ordered an 07 Rubicon through JeepWarehouse online. When I heard all of the talk about orders being canceled or switched to 08's I called Bill Shoemaker and he told me I had a VIN and that I also had a confirmed build date of June 23rd so I am really excited and really looking forward to arriving in the States.

So Congrats
Old 05-08-2007, 06:02 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Yikes! Ordered from Jeep warehouse on 4/20, so if your 6/23, my guess is I will be waiting on an 08.

Bill did tell me the orders were moving now, and that everyone in March got to BX status. I had BX for 3 days, then back to BG.

I guess time will tell.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Foo
Yikes! Ordered from Jeep warehouse on 4/20, so if your 6/23, my guess is I will be waiting on an 08.

Bill did tell me the orders were moving now, and that everyone in March got to BX status. I had BX for 3 days, then back to BG.

I guess time will tell.

I ordered from Bill on March 27, and should take delivery monday. It might get here a day or two sooner, but I wont be able to pick it up until then.

Sounds like Bill has a hell of a business going.

Quick Reply: Just got my VIN