Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just my luck

Old 10-05-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this could help.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...arch=jeep%20jk
Old 10-05-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a bunch of bullSh*T!!!!!! I am sorry that you had to go through all of this, I hope they find the pricks and bring them back to you!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Guys listen, whoever stole this stuff sold it to a junk yard. I can about guarantee it. Happens all the time with pickup tail gates. If I ever see an insurance claim for stolen doors or tailgates I can usually find the EXACT ones within a few days at a local yard....that they were sold by some punks. I've even replaced wrangler doors, they came in the same color, and oh what a surprise when the VIN matched up.

Also to the OP I'd check local yards just for the fun of it while the insurance is being handled, and craigslist is quickly becoming a first check point to find stolen goods. I feel for ya, I'd shoot em too.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Classified.Spirit
Only 36$ for a pair!

These are worthless. don't waste your money!!!
Old 10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by No1AP
You should care. Don't let the dealership rip off your insurance company. You're the one that will have to pay in the end. 15 k is straight retarded. I would have laughed out loud if they quoted me that.
Sorry but you and all the other guys are wrong. 15K is a ligitimate quote for this, give or take. And a lot of insurance companies would probably cut that number in half and use used doors. The OP can work with the shop sometimes and save money, but if the ins check is cut to him and the leinholder it won't happen.

When replacing the doors, the adjuster likely wrote the est. for blending all adjacent panels for a color match. So yeah, pretty much painting the whole jeep. plus decals. plus detrim. plus paint/materials.

I write estimates and screw off on jeep forums all day long, trust me, I could probably write more than 15K for his "repair"

Just because a jeep costs x amount does NOT mean the parts alone add up to X amount. Once I wrote 62K on a sebring. A CHRYSLER SEBRING!! Parts add up my friends.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karls10jk
It woulda been about 3x cheaper to total the car

But you're right on the parts- my insurance company stroked a check for $600 for me bending the outside 8" of my stock bumper.
Well yeah obviosly it totalled the car!! 3 people were de-capitated in that wreck. I had to write literally EVERY single thing wrong with it for liablility reasons. That was tons of fun as there were more people parts than car parts and it was like 100 degrees that day.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

just thought of this thread, found a set of doors on CL for sale and they dont have a key fob (factory key) but have a stand alone key, seemed suspicious but the doors are silver. They also used the phrase, "these doors are a steal" which I laughed about if they are actually stolen. Im in Iowa btw if anyone is missing silver doors.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another idea is to do a whole vehicle wrapping (or matte/flat paint) and use plain black (unpainted) doors/half doors and hood.
Would be a lot cool, and cheaper than this unbelievable, absurd 15k.

A lifted '012 with flat olive drab paint (wrapping) and black half doors/hood?
Awesome!

Quick Reply: Just my luck