Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just need to bounce this off some of you...

Old 12-29-2017, 10:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need to bounce this off some of you...

So about 3 or 4 months ago my clutch master cylinder was leaking into my floor, so i take it to the dealer where i bought it and they replaced it at no charge. Its a 12 with 51k on it so sweet deal right? Well at the time i noticed it was going bad it had this horrible squeak to it and it got worse the longer it went before it finally gave out and started leaking. Yesterday i noticed the NEW one is making a slight squeaking at the all the way in pos. ill add you cant actually hear it while driving so its more of feeling it through your foot, but when i stop and stick my head in the floor and press it then you can actually hear it. What im asking is if anyone has had this problem before, fixed it, then this has happened to them and if it turned out the new one went bad too. I know there are a ton of posts on here about all kinds of clutch issues but i couldnt find any real answer to what is going on with mine. Thank you everyone!
Old 12-29-2017, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry, cant help you out that much as I haven't had to do anything to my clutch in 105,0000 miles now. (KNOCK ON WOOD!) I wouldn't worry to much about the squeak though. Mine was quiet for several years, developed a squeak, and now it seems to have gone away again. All the while, I didn't have any problems.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They may have only replaced the slave cylinder more than likely. Depends on the mileage and how hard you are on your clutch. You may have a throw out bearing starting to go. It may last several more years or a few months hard to say. I would continue to run it till it goes but when it does replace with a clutch kit which will come with new bearing and the whole clutch. Good time to upgrade to a heavy duty clutch as well when you buy your kit. Good luck
Old 01-05-2018, 08:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh most clutches last about 100,000 miles normal wear and tear I usually get about 120,000-140,000 out of mine but I am extremely easy on my clutch and I am the only one who drives my vehicle. If you teach others to drive on your Vic this decreases long jevity of clutch if your hard on it same results. Off-roading is rough on clutch if you don't know how to use it properly as well. Ps not saying you don't just stating the facts it is a huge reason why most go automatic transmission. With automatic they put it in gear and concentrate on the obstacle rather than gears and clutch control making it easier to off-road.

Quick Reply: Just need to bounce this off some of you...