Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Just ordered my JK Unlim Rubi!

Old 12-28-2006, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Just ordered my JK Unlim Rubi!

Woohoo! Can't wait! The dealer said it might take 2-3 months to get it, and he should have the VIN in 1-2 weeks. Sound about right?

First on the list is a CIA, exhaust kit, roof rack (expedition style basket), rock sliders with steps (for easier access to rack), and winter tires. I'll save the lift kit, larger tires, and new bumpers for this summer. :-)

Thanks,
js.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats.

1-2 weeks? I went to D (Vin #) in 8 weeks exactly.

Let us know....
Old 12-29-2006, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
Woohoo! Can't wait! The dealer said it might take 2-3 months to get it, and he should have the VIN in 1-2 weeks. Sound about right?

Thanks,
js.

2-3 months to get, check....could be that easily....there are some that have been waiting a month+ longer than me, and I am at 3 months now, without even being to D status.

VIN in 1-2 weeks.....not sure HOW that would happen, as you do not get a VIN until you move to D status. Which unless your dealer is 100% certain they will have allocation, and you ordered anything but a Rubicon and without a hard top (unless your dealer knows something that even Don-A-Vee does not....which would seem doubtful based on his track record of being pretty spot on with everything he has reported here in regards to order info), not sure where they think they will have a VIN for you in 1-2 weeks.

A VON in 1-2 weeks, easily....shouldn't be even a week for that, but a VIN?
Old 12-29-2006, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Regardless of timeline welcome to the wait!
Old 12-29-2006, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Area-51
A VON in 1-2 weeks, easily....shouldn't be even a week for that, but a VIN?
The order will have a VON when it is entered into the system. As soon as they are done selecting options and hit submit, it has a VON. They can print the order then and it will show the VON.

The dealer knows what allocations they have at any given time. They find out the future allocations as each ordering window opens. If the dealer has an allocation and there isn't any holds on the vehicle or options, the order can go to "D" status as soon as it is entered into the system. Then it waits for "D1" based on scheduling.

I ordered on 9/5 and it went "D" right away. Then it went "D1" around 9/20. Built the first week of October. I picked it up on 10/21.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:24 AM
JeeperTJ

Default Just ordered a red rubicon!

Hello JK fans, ilm Ted from Boston. I just placed an order for a flame red rubi unlimited yesterday. The dealer was very easy to deal with, but the saleswoman did not know much about jeeps- no pressure and she let me order it for 300 over invoice, without any haggling. I picked a 6spd, dual tops and my GB/NAV. This is only the second new vehicle I've ever bought and the last one was a red 1984 sentra! Anyway nice to learn I have company with the waiting game. I'm expecting 3-4 mths min, hopefully I will be driving it by the summer? The DC rep told the dealer the factory would get it's act together in late jan, so I guess we will find out. I have not seen any rubicon umlimiteds around here yet! Mabye by 2008?

One question was is the GWV of the rubi unlimited really 5200+ lbs? That is 1000 over the 'X' ?

We at least I have a '99 TJ to drive while I wait for the JK.

Ciao!

Ted
Old 12-30-2006, 05:55 AM
JeeperTJ

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my JK Unlim Rubi!