Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Kargo Master Congo Cage??

Old 09-05-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Kargo Master Congo Cage??

I am looking at a rooftop tent for my jeep and am considering the the Kargo Master Congo Cage. it looks like a decent rack for a decent price

My concern is the sturdiness of the cage, especially on a 4 door. with the longer bar span as opposed to the 2 door model.

Im not necessarily asking if anyone has the cage and a roof top tent, just if anyone that is using the cage feels about its sturdiness... how its built, would you trust sleeping on top of it... etc...?

thanks in advance......
Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Nick,
I had one on my LJ really sturdy. I was going to get one for the JK but they changed the rear mounts. Now the mounts are out on the sides. You have to assemble and silicone really good or it will rust. And i switched out the hardware for stainless.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Andy,

been a while.... thanks for the reply. im gonna order it from Q-tec on monday!

im planning on getting the ARB rooftop tent in the winter, probably gonna be a christmas present to myself!

my girl is bugging me to go wheeling, up for a rausch creek trip?

Quick Reply: Kargo Master Congo Cage??