Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Lemon Law what to expect??

Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lemon Law what to expect??

Ok so the electrical issues have finally gotten to me and I contacted my attorney who looked over all my paperwork and in-turn referred me to a law firm specializing in vehicle lemon cases.... they feel I have an extremely strong case qualifying for lemon on several different parameters....

I contacted chrysler customer care and had them pull my service records.... I basicilly told them (without using the lemon word and not threatening any legal action) that id like my Jeep replaced with a new one... and to my dismay I got a totally canned response back from the lady "sorry we cant do anything you will need to follow the guideliens set forth in your vehicle owners packet", "what?", "the blue insert to your owners packet about lemon law protection in various states".... ok so chrysler customer service is in effect telling me to hire an attorney... wowsers...

so if I proceed in this manner what am I to expect over the course of this? I know the law firm tells me its pretty simple but time consuming but I want to hear form those that have gone through with it and caveats you can get into that cause you to lose the case.... what happens when you win the case if you do? etc... id really have thought chrysler would be aware of lemon laws in various states (im in ohio) and would be aware my service history is rather large file.........

so let me hear it all - good and bad - because i need to figure out what to do here..... I cant run this thing forever not knowing one day to the next whether my engine cooling fan is going to operate or not.....

oh yeah and my Jeep broke again Last night.......
-CHristopher
Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a long and tedious process that can potentially drive you to the edge of insanity, legal fees, and hopefully (not guaranteed) a new jeep or reimbursement.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard it wasn't that hard to do. Most lawyers will take you on a contingency and bill DC after you win.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only lemon law vehicle I've dealt with was three trips to the dealer in two months for the exact same repair. Asked the service manager what I could do to replace it without going through the Lemon Law, he had the regional manager call me and the paperwork for a new vehicle was done in two weeks. A month later the new vehicle arrived and they loaded the old one on a flatbed and drove off.

All cases vary though, and this was two decades ago.

Jeff
Old 09-30-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

in ohio's case it is 3 failed attempts to fix the same thing and repair condition must exist.. or 30 days out of service total in 123 months / 18000 miles from vehicle inservice date.... the attorney I was referred to said I meet this on both accounts... 4 times for overheating and it still overheats... and ive been out of service 40 days total i think she said (other issues have occured like EVAP issues, cam sensor, ignition switch, A/C...) ironically the darn thing is tight as can be - doesnt leak, whistle,
-Christopher

Quick Reply: Lemon Law what to expect??