Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Let's talk the new interior 2011+

Old 10-11-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's talk the new interior 2011+

So I have been curious to hear from people who have made the jump to the 2011+ Interior coming from the older 07-10, what do you like about? Fav feature? what really stood out in your mind? Could you go back?
Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

I switched from an 08 to an 11. At first I didn't like the interior, only cuz of all the chrome. But now that I've gotten rid of all of that I love it! Favorite feature? That's easy. Steering wheel controls.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BOOST
So I have been curious to hear from people who have made the jump to the 2011+ Interior coming from the older 07-10, what do you like about? Fav feature? what really stood out in your mind? Could you go back?
what i like hmmm... almost everything from my 07
love the feel of the new steering wheel and look
i like having cruise control on the steering wheel vs behind it
the storage area above the radio is awesome
the center console has an added little compartment which is very useful
i think the looks of it are great too
Old 10-11-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pickick
I switched from an 08 to an 11. At first I didn't like the interior, only cuz of all the chrome. But now that I've gotten rid of all of that I love it! Favorite feature? That's easy. Steering wheel controls.
Could you get some picks of your interior without the chrome?
Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the market for a JK late 2010 and waited for the 2011s to get to the dealer lots because I could not stand the interiors in the 2010s. Especially those huge cheap looking steering wheels! What were they thinking? Not even going to comment on all the gray plastic

Love everything about the new interior. Steering wheels is perfect
Old 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

didn't have an earlier JK but have a '11. Love the interior! Everything is close for use. The vents are cool how they spin all the way around
Old 10-11-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

The new interior is what finally sold me on the JK. The 07-10 interior looks cheap to me, very boring and too many straight lines. Just looks like the lowest-end interior that a designer could possibly muster up in his brain. The new interior isn't perfect, but at least it makes the JK look like a 21st century vehicle finally.

Complaints I have:

Cigarette lighter is in the way of my knees. Sometimes my knee hits it and activates it.

Steering wheel buttons SUCK. Volume for radio on the back is too touchy, and the reset button for dash instruments is too close to your hands when driving and you accidentally hit reset when you don't want to. Buttons need to be moved.

HVAC vents are too close to the steering wheel, and these are also accidentally hit and moved all the time. Ugh.

Manual window cranks are too close to my knees and they are uncomfortable on long drives.

Gate shifter on the auto. trans sucks and feels very clunky.

Seats are too narrow in my opinion. I'm a very average sized guy, but my right hip hurts like hell after riding in this thing for a while.

Center position in second row seating is "hollow" and has ZERO support under the cushion. Person sitting there reports that it feels like sitting in a hammock. What a joke.

Gosh, I could go on all day. Sure, it's a Wrangler. It's not supposed to be a Cadillac. But they could have at least put some actual real world thought and testing into this stuff before releasing it to the public and charging $30k for it.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the interior of my 11 but I wish the rear seat backs were adjustable. My kids complain that the seat back sits to up right and becomes uncomfortable very quick.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I like the interior of my 11 but I wish the rear seat backs were adjustable. My kids complain that the seat back sits to up right and becomes uncomfortable very quick.
so far this is my only complait too
Old 10-11-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have had both interiors. Old one liked the storage net area in front of shifter, seemed more roomy there. Old seemed more rugged for the elements. New interior, like the steering controls but manual window crank is too close to my knees. Overall, I like the 2011+ interior though.

Quick Reply: Let's talk the new interior 2011+