Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Mall Crawler"

Old 04-02-2013, 12:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2199679743.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	441568

Yah I hate a dirty jeep too ?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Name:	image-1463868881.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	441569

Name:	image-2867454091.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	441570

Name:	image-38934722.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	441571

Name:	image-1684412861.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	441572
Old 04-02-2013, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alfred
Looks like my Wrangler certainly qualifies to be a Mall Crawler.
I'm into detailing so nasty things like dirt are not things I allow to stay on my pride and joy very long at all.
Abyway over ere in the UK we aint go the type f terrain you Americans have. (still would not use even if we had)
What part looks like yours ? I'm just wondering is it the 34s or the lift ? Maybe it's the upgraded drive shafts ? Diff guards super chip ?high lift jack Or is it the offset rims ?Charcoal canister skid?sway bar disconnects. Stubby bumper maybe ? Oh wait yours is stock and has too many doors !! And mine has not looked that way for thousands of dollars now ! Try to follow me and save your smart comments for some one else .
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark73

What part looks like yours ? I'm just wondering is it the 34s or the lift ? Maybe it's the upgraded drive shafts ? Diff guards super chip ?high lift jack Or is it the offset rims ?Charcoal canister skid?sway bar disconnects. Stubby bumper maybe ? Oh wait yours is stock and has too many doors !! And mine has not looked that way for thousands of dollars now ! Try to follow me and save your smart comments for some one else .
Go to time out! Damn man, really?!?!
Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark73

Chill. They are in a country with limited access to off road trails. To each their own.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by soberbyker
Sadly it's like this for a lot of things. I'm a gun enthusiast and a Harley rider, a couple more things that often get folks dived among themselves (and take lots of my cash too ), the old saying united we stand divided we fall holds a lot of merit.

I just got a Jeep a couple months ago, it was a bucket list thing for me, always wanted one because I like the look. I drive a truck for a living, the flared fenders remind me of my work truck, a Mack. I do like the look of some of the off road stuff, the grill guard/winch, meatier tires, small amount of lift. Sadly I don't make enough to do most of what I want and with the Jeep being my daily driver and a hefty monthly payment, I just can't see chancing breaking/repairing crap all the time and hanging out in mud/water to rust stuff like crazy, not that there's anything wrong with folks who do. We all have/do things that others would roll their eyes at.

I have an Unlimited Sahara. I put in a CB, guards on my tail lights, sill guards for the doors, hood lock, gas cap lock and door, added a fire extinguisher, first aid kit, folding shovel, tire repair kit and a small 45% duty cycle Vair air compressor. Even though I have no intention of being a hard core off roader I like knowing that if/when want to, I can. I also like being able to get to work when I have to plow snow. I'd like to ride on the beach someday, but again, it's not going to be something I live for. I went through that with motorcycles.

Bottom line there are too many things that can divide us and by doing so you miss out on meeting some pretty good people. I wave at other Jeepers. At work I wave to other drivers in the same type of truck I drive, I wave to other bikers. Don't really care if they wave back or not.

Am I a mall crawler? not literally, but using the definition I've seen here maybe I am, doesn't mean I can't be a good friend, an asset to the group or have something to offer.

Well said, Sir!

I really thought this would be a fun thread to read and all it did was kinda make me angry reading some of the comments put on here.
I am a 20 yr old trying to make my way through college on top of working 40+ hours a week. I have bills to pay but have recently been able to spend a little bit on some mods that I am very proud of but would classify me as a "Mall Crawler". I have a front bumper with a winch and yes, I have stock tires and no lift and go off road almost every chance I get but nothing too difficult/rugged. My Jeep is my only vehicle and I drive it everywhere i go. So for everyone who hates on so called "Mall Crawlers" needs to remember we should all be proud of the elite club we are all in by owning the most bad ass vehicle ever made.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alfred
Looks like my Wrangler certainly qualifies to be a Mall Crawler.
I'm into detailing so nasty things like dirt are not things I allow to stay on my pride and joy very long at all.
Abyway over ere in the UK we aint go the type f terrain you Americans have. (still would not use even if we had)
That was just in response to this ? I called nobody anything look back and c . I just get tired off hearing u got a chrome grill u r a mall crawler .
(Crome won't get u home ) ect . I spend all my time hitting the trails and don't see how a bed lined or Plasty dip grill would help me through a mud hole ? I c a jeep for what it can do and not what Color it's grill or tires are! But that's just me
Old 04-02-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeucesALLin
...automatically makes you part of the Jeep family. Stock or not.

...and IDK about driving a Jeep because I like the looks of it- the aesthetics don't appeal to me. I mean, its so contrary to the laws of aerodynamics, and physics. Yet, the atypical aesthetics also grow on me- the "texas pinstriping", the bashed in quarter panel from a "more clutch" moment, the broken corner marker from wtf knows, the dented windchield frame from my spotter confusing a "branch" with a "tree", the bent frame rail where the rear bumper used to be, the offset Dually light that was my only casualty after DESTROYING a honda, the faded winch line from several Texas summers, the stains on the seats from "hold my beer- I got this!" moments, the scratches on my plastic from my 90lb dog riding shotgun, the stretched Spidershade cord from when my boys were sitting on the Hi-Lift mounted on the bar, and leaning against the shade with the Houston Jeep Club at a drive in showing of Nemo, those are just tangible reminders of the memories I have made with this thing.

...Then there are the irreplaceable memories that ONLY happen in a JEEP. Like walking out to your jeep and finding two H O T women just sitting in your Jeep at closing time, watching some ditzy blond hit the soundbar, watching envious passers-by as you ride down 45 with your legs extended on foot pegs, or legs crossed and out on the rock rails as you cruise, having little kids point to you with no roof or doors and KNOWING they too will be Jeople.

Man. So IDGAF what it looks like, and I would DD a rolled flat fender if I could. Jeeps make me happy.

This is by far the best post in this entire thread. Amen to all of that!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Boyerracing343

Is that from the bible?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Boyerracing343

Let the haters hate. I love that quote too. I choose to be part of a community filled with Jeeps of all varieties. From the soccer moms to the rock crawlers we all drive a vehicle that is inefficient, uncomfortable, and lacks refinement. For my part, I love it. It is the worst daily driver I have ever owned yet it is my favorite. I have had more perfect campsites and seen more beauty because of my Jeep. If you get it we can be friends. I wave everytime. Jeep on my friends!

Quick Reply: "Mall Crawler"