Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Mall Crawler"

Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Meh....

I'm a proud mall crawler (it is even in my sig on another forum).

I have THE mall crawler of Jeeps...a 4 door automatic Sahara with a painted top and saddle leather interior.

However....being a motorcycle guy first...I ALWAYS wave...and I'm NOT a poser.

All posers are mall crawlers, but not all mall crawlers are posers.

I plasti-dipped my stock wheels, added a "rubi style" Sahara hood sticker, pulled my bumper covers and called it a day. No lifts or tires or jack mounts for me. I'm looking forward to being able to drop the top when it gets warm and enjoy the only 4 door, 4WD, American made drop-top on the planet.

Last edited by panthermark; 04-03-2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark73
What part looks like yours ? I'm just wondering is it the 34s or the lift ? Maybe it's the upgraded drive shafts ? Diff guards super chip ?high lift jack Or is it the offset rims ?Charcoal canister skid?sway bar disconnects. Stubby bumper maybe ? Oh wait yours is stock and has too many doors !! And mine has not looked that way for thousands of dollars now ! Try to follow me and save your smart comments for some one else .
Interesting comments but you must remember almost all the body and wheel mods you do in the US are illegal in the UK.
I think some of the body and wheel mods you do are great but whats the point we do not have the countryside that allows us to take our vehicles off road, in fact a lot of the so called off road sights are areas that are specially assigned, and they are nothing like the areas you guys use.

Your last comments confuse me as i certainly never meant any offence, just joining in the banter.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Newbie

That was just in response to this ? I called nobody anything look back and c . I just get tired off hearing u got a chrome grill u r a mall crawler .
(Crome won't get u home ) ect . I spend all my time hitting the trails and don't see how a bed lined or Plasty dip grill would help me through a mud hole ? I c a jeep for what it can do and not what Color it's grill or tires are! But that's just me
Just found this post and its true BUT! each to his own, as well prepared your car is for what you like doing it will not wil any awards at the detailng shows.

No matter what car you own nothing is right and nothing is wrong, we all like whatever we do, and if you like climbing over rocks and sliding in the mud thats great enjoy it, but dont condemn others liking what they do. Buy the way I'd still buy you a beer.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alfred

Just found this post and its true BUT! each to his own, as well prepared your car is for what you like doing it will not wil any awards at the detailng shows.

No matter what car you own nothing is right and nothing is wrong, we all like whatever we do, and if you like climbing over rocks and sliding in the mud thats great enjoy it, but dont condemn others liking what they do. Buy the way I'd still buy you a beer.
I was not trashing anyone . If u look I said nothing about mall crawlers or any other jeep ? Just said my Chrome gets me home ! And I'm not a mall crawler cause I got Chrome . And I would never enter any detailing show (not my thing) okay if it's yours . I wave at stock jeeps ! Always . And I'd buy u 2 beer ! Lol might even help u wax you're jeep if u help me get mine dirty? Cheers mate . Ps I did say u had too many doors ( low blow) sorry .

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4102635916.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	442297

My only clean pic lol ( not bad ? ) I think he's Purdy
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 PM
JK Newbie

I was not trashing anyone . If u look I said nothing about mall crawlers or any other jeep ? Just said my Chrome gets me home ! And I'm not a mall crawler cause I got Chrome . And I would never enter any detailing show (not my thing) okay if it's yours . I wave at stock jeeps ! Always . And I'd buy u 2 beer ! Lol might even help u wax you're jeep if u help me get mine dirty? Cheers mate . Ps I did say u had too many doors ( low blow) sorry .

Attachment 442297

My only clean pic lol ( not bad ? ) I think he's Purdy
You might like to know that my brother lives in San Diego and after sending him a picture of my Jeep his reply was , "It's too clean, I'd like to see it dirty"
Old 04-03-2013, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

I think I'd almost rather be a Mall Crawler than a Trailer Queen. At least Mall Crawlers spend more time in their jeeps even if it sees mostly pavement. Even with all the flashy do-dads its still the most capable 4x4 off the lot.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

The sad thing is that sometimes crawling to the mall in some of the Northern states and Canada is more challenging than going through the mud and rocks. I have not had to do it in my Wrangler yet, but on more than one occasion in my old XJ I had to drive through snow over the bumper on roads to get where I was going.

Quick Reply: "Mall Crawler"