Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Manual Transmission Problem????

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atl JK
It probably is a synchro. Its my understanding that if you have a bent misaligned shift fork, like a lot of these do, and you don't get it fixed in time it will wear out the synchro.
nice I had a hell of a time with my prior JK,

they kept trying to blame it on the bigger tires and stock gears..

I then told them it was regeared to 5.13's. The story then changed to the computer doesnt know it has different gears,..

since when does the computer tell the jeep when to shift with a 6 speed. After I told them it was reprogrammed. They claimed they could not replicate the issue..

thankfully, the JK was totalled and I didnt have to deal with it any longer.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Arrow Read some other threads regarding this problem

Not a TSB or RECALL, but it IS a STAR NOTE
Ok...after reading this entire thread (and others) and having this issue myself with my 07 Rubi, I took mine in and figured they would do the booty thing or the sync thing and maybe a gear or 2...
Turns out...this is a "STAR NOTE"/Advisory...that people having this issue, (at least on an '07 with 6-speed) shall have their tranny replaced with the newer model...and this fixes it.

We shall see...it's on order (warranty of course)

So..it's not a recall...and it's not a TSB as of yet...but it IS a STAR NOTE in Chrysler's little network.
This quote is something else that I will be armed with when I go in.
Since I have replaced my inner shift boot myself, I have bypassed the first step in a possible solution.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine does the same thing but it pops out of second not first...and its not nearly as bad as the problems you guys are having...its only done it to me like twice but i always wonder why im still stopped and just sitting there reving (i start in second)
Old 10-19-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by higgy baby
Got my Rubi back this morning... FWIW the issue was addressed by Jeep per K28663307. Free transmission replacement.
Sweet.

Yeah, they don't fix them if there is an internal problem with them, they just replace it.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have never had my 6 sp jump out of gear, but it is regularly difficult to get into reverse, have to partially release the clutch to drop it into gear. jk going in next week for a new clutch as it has started squeaking warrnty is covering it as well eplacing all the tpms which are corroding, repainting the wheels which have all the paint falling off and replacing the drivers side seat cover which is cracking. i'll just get all this done in time to order my new 2010 jk 2dr.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Dizzyliz
Quote:
Not a TSB or RECALL, but it IS a STAR NOTE
Ok...after reading this entire thread (and others) and having this issue myself with my 07 Rubi, I took mine in and figured they would do the booty thing or the sync thing and maybe a gear or 2...
Turns out...this is a "STAR NOTE"/Advisory...that people having this issue, (at least on an '07 with 6-speed) shall have their tranny replaced with the newer model...and this fixes it.

We shall see...it's on order (warranty of course)

So..it's not a recall...and it's not a TSB as of yet...but it IS a STAR NOTE in Chrysler's little network.
Does anyone know if this star note only applies to 2007 or are there similar ones for other years?
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by m5235231
Does anyone know if this star note only applies to 2007 or are there similar ones for other years?
im interested in this to, i have learned to just hold it in first, i lent my jeep to my dad the other day and he called me furious! he was like didnt you just buy this and it did it to me 5 times, i guess i need to clear some time and take it back in. would like to have something concrete since it wont pop out for the dealer
Old 10-20-2009, 11:32 AM
qqq
JK Newbie

mine had the problem, they cut the iner boots,than it was ok ,put the oper boot up the shifter and ,lift the iner one out ,run the jeep a day to see ,the guy from jeep at sema last year told me the ruber of the iner boots is to thick,and the shifter as to push it to get all the way in ,also the the boot(top one as to be close to shifter as posible) it as work for me ,good luck in a cold day it hapend all the time ,was ready to buy an auto trans i hated my truck it was realy bad
Old 10-20-2009, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepnick
im interested in this to, i have learned to just hold it in first, i lent my jeep to my dad the other day and he called me furious! he was like didnt you just buy this and it did it to me 5 times, i guess i need to clear some time and take it back in. would like to have something concrete since it wont pop out for the dealer
Why was your dad being such a jerk to you? Tell him to drive his own fucking car if he's going to be like that.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

tell a 70 year old man dying of cancer that, not going to happen. he was just looking out for me. he know i take very good care of it and nothing should be wrong as it is an 09

Quick Reply: Manual Transmission Problem????