Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Mopar OEM Rubicon Express Suspension Kit

Old 02-25-2008, 09:26 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What I wanna know is, how are they gonna warranty over the counter kits that may NOT see their vehicles having driveshafts replaced? the 4.5" lift is too high for stock shafts, is it not?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im going to talk to my jeep tech buddy and see what he says.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
What I wanna know is, how are they gonna warranty over the counter kits that may NOT see their vehicles having driveshafts replaced? the 4.5" lift is too high for stock shafts, is it not?
They won't. This is to be sold through Mopar Performance not Mopar accessories. I don't understand why people think that if a Jeep dealer sells it, it will be carry a warranty. Do you think the TJs with the stage 1, 2, etc. cams sold through Jeep/Mopar have a warranty? nope.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This Is What I Want To Hear ! ! !

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Oh, I meant to post this.. I was talking to the service manager at the dealership I go to and he said that they are sending their techs off to get trained on installing lifts.. Should be available at the end of March from what they said..

Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are probably being trained to install the Mopar/Rubicon Express 4.5" longarm. Like the thread title says, it's a Rubicon Express kit with a Mopar part # that will be available through dealers. According to the guy at SEMA... it was to be released pretty soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkLeAp21cds

Last edited by doojer; 02-26-2008 at 08:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by saltman
They won't. This is to be sold through Mopar Performance not Mopar accessories. I don't understand why people think that if a Jeep dealer sells it, it will be carry a warranty. Do you think the TJs with the stage 1, 2, etc. cams sold through Jeep/Mopar have a warranty? nope.
Yup, and All Mopar Performance parts have NO WARRANTY at all!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
Yup, and All Mopar Performance parts have NO WARRANTY at all!

the part itself may not have a warranty, but do you think they would void the rest of the drivetrain warranty if you use Mopar Performance 4.5" lift?
Old 02-26-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I should have worded that differently. I did not mean warranty the parts. I meant since the parts were coming from Mopar that they would likely not void warranty related problems with a Mopar lift installed.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

General Motors merits the warranty of their performance parts that are dealer installed..and said parts do not void the vehicle's warranty. I don't suspect Chrysler to be any different with a Mopar part being tacked on a Chrysler vehicle.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

For the ESD (Electronic Swaybar Disconnect), if the dealer is to install it, it's covered under the factory 3/36 warranty. I'd suspect that the suspension kit would be the same way. I can't see them covering it for much longer than that.

Quick Reply: Mopar OEM Rubicon Express Suspension Kit