Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Do you prefer mud slinging or rock crawling
Mud slinging
42.86%
Rock crawling
57.14%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Mud Slinging or Rock Crawling

Old 10-07-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mud Slinging or Rock Crawling

This week I came across a shallow bog I had to cross in my 08 Rubicon Unlimited. I have to say I have never had so much fun since i was a kid. My 16 year old son was with me and we just loved it. Two questions here: I would like to see how the poll of what you prefer turns out and also what mods ( ignore tires as that is a given) should i look at if I am mainly mud slinging.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I quess I will go with mud slinging because I can't find any rocks to crawl on in South Louisiana.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

tough call. to bad there isnt a both option. Mud is fun because you dont have to think, just drive, try and keey her straight and sling mud. BUT rocks are something else. give you a challenge, take some skill and thought to proceed and not everone can do it. I see lots of trucks mud slinging, never on the rocks
Old 10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Talking Hey Mark!!! Here is an invite!?!?

Originally Posted by marks08jk
I quess I will go with mud slinging because I can't find any rocks to crawl on in South Louisiana.
Hey Mark! Where in South Louisiana are you . I am in maurice which is south of Lafayette. I hate cleaning mud out of the cracks and crannies. I usually go to Hot Springs AR to the Superlift ORV Park about 1 time every month. I will actually be heading up there Oct. 19-21. If you have the weekend off; I would like to extend an invite. Nothing like caravanning.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I like both, But I prefer Mudding.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HULKGREEN
Hey Mark! Where in South Louisiana are you . I am in maurice which is south of Lafayette. I hate cleaning mud out of the cracks and crannies. I usually go to Hot Springs AR to the Superlift ORV Park about 1 time every month. I will actually be heading up there Oct. 19-21. If you have the weekend off; I would like to extend an invite. Nothing like caravanning.
Well if you read my signiture, i currently don't own a Jeep. I was hoping to have it soon so I can participate in the Jeep Jaunt in November. Had a great time last year. I am located in New Iberia and will keep you in mind when it arrives.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mud and water baby!

2007 JK 4 Door, 33" BF Goodrich MTKs, River Raider Ram Air Snorkel System, Cool Tech Exhaust, 410 Gears, Front & Rear Lockers with OX covers, 2.5" Suspension Lift with Heavy Duty Gas Shocks, Piaa Yellow Ion Fog Lights, Custom Built Steel Front Ram Bumper with White Fog Lights, 10,000 lbs Front & Rear Removable Winch, Garmin Jeep Trail Guide Navigation System with Topo, Sirius Satellite 6 disk in dash changer Infinity 7 speakers with sub system, Full Rubber Floors and Custom Fit Neoprene Seat Covers.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Talking

No Problem....Sorry I saw South Louisiana and thought I found someone in the neighborhood......Again Sorry I jumped the gun.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

I would have to say BOTH! But..... It's a lot easier to clean after the rocks!
Old 10-07-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I hate mud, PITA to clean afterwards....actually you never do get it completely clean. I'm more for trails, some small rocks, rutted out hills, etc. I gotta admit, mud is FUN as hell to play around in though....I've done my share, but not in the JK.

Quick Reply: Mud Slinging or Rock Crawling