Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My complaint of the day

Old 09-12-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My complaint of the day

I came home from work yesterday to see my hardtop smashed against the wall of my parking spot. The landlords son backed into my spot and didnt see the top and crushed it. So I went to the jeep dealer to get an estimate and the cost of a hard top here in Korea is alittle over 3,000 bucks. Wow. Glad he is paying for it.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Well nice to see that the person that caused the damage owned up to it.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, can't really complain about that if he's gonna own up and pay.
Old 09-12-2008, 03:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your lucky, if it were my hard top the guy would have said, I found it that way when I pulled in.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well here is a little follow on information. The reason he owned up to it was the witnesses that were there. This was the second time it was hit. The first time just put a small crack in it. I can not prove it was him the first time, but I would not be surprised if it was. My parking spot is in the right spot for people to back in to turn around in the tight parking area.

I finally spoke to the guy and now I am getting a bit of a run around. He should me some place on the internet that had a hardtop for 700 bucks, But he wants me to arrange for the shipping of it over here. Freight is going to be as much as the top. So I am just going to the dealer and ordering one. Well will continue to fight about it, but I will just take it out y rent if it comes down to it.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

BS!!!

He replaces it for replacement value. Period. Your choice, not his (factory replacement value or less).

If he doesn't follow through, sue his a$$ for replacement value plus legal (I dunno how it works in S. Korea, but I assume it's not so different from here).

Good thing you got witnesses and he's actually talking to you. Email is a wonderful thing 'cuz every communication is documented.

Hope everything works out for you.

Quick Reply: My complaint of the day