Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My jeep was broken into today

Old 09-14-2013, 03:58 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear this... Hopefully insurance covers this.... Mine was broken into in a few months back... I lucked out and they only unzipped my back window and stole recovery equipment. When they realized they couldn't sell it they dropped it in the train stain parking lot. Well 3 days after the Boston attacks needless to say an unattended big red bag in a train station parking lot gathered a lot of attention and later that night I got all my stuff back.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need to find out what the price of the oem console before doing a claim. I couldn't sleep last night because I was / am too pissed. I have no clue why the girl didn't call the cops or at the least take a picture.

Sent using my thumbs
Old 09-14-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man as close as you were to the store - I would have felt OK leaving my Jeep too. During the summer I have the doors off as much as I can, got me thinking now. The stuff they took and damaged is so random - one light, console top. People seem to capture almost everything else on video today too bad she wasn't smart enough to do the same. Thieves suck!
Old 09-14-2013, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man that sucks, if I ever caught someone doing that, I'd bring the batt out and beat the s#*t out of the bastard, there's a nice warm place for them when they rightfully die
Old 09-14-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Honesty it's more damage than theft. Very random items taken. I can't believe no one walked up to these people being how much traffic the area has.

Sent using my thumbs
Old 09-14-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Eagle78
Yeah I always keep away from sketchy situations but at a place I work and have had this jeep for 3 plus years. Yes I had no front doors and only a spiderweb shade as protection. It just confuses me with the theft of the lid even more than closing my checking account.
Yes if the girl would of made a nice 911 call I might be able to sleep tonight.

Sent using my thumbs
Do any of the business have exterior cameras? As far as the girl goes... I don't even wanna say what I think of her mental capacity. Sorry for your loss. I have always been very hesitant to park in areas where I never use to mind.. Especially with a soft top but even more so when it's naked.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Sorry to hear this... Hopefully insurance covers this.... Mine was broken into in a few months back... I lucked out and they only unzipped my back window and stole recovery equipment. When they realized they couldn't sell it they dropped it in the train stain parking lot. Well 3 days after the Boston attacks needless to say an unattended big red bag in a train station parking lot gathered a lot of attention and later that night I got all my stuff back.
Where was this at so I know not to park there..
Old 09-14-2013, 09:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ibanez0154

Actually I would do the opposite. I would camp out in another vehicle, then park a jeep with no doors, and wait for the little pricks to show up again and stuff their ass in a panel van and go make some deposits in a old mine shaft. I have zero tolerance for that crap and firmly believe the world needs more vigilantes.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

No cameras in the area. I need to call the local jeep dealer and price out the console before filing a claim. My ded is 250

Sent using my thumbs
Old 09-14-2013, 11:43 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ibanez0154
Lindenwold speed line

Quick Reply: My jeep was broken into today