Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My jeep got hit by an upside down car! Need some aftermarket part suggestions.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My jeep got hit by an upside down car! Need some aftermarket part suggestions.

Crazy as it sounds, I was sitting in my jeep, parked on the side of a residential road in Jamaica, Queens, NY when a guy rounded the corned too fast, sideswiped another car, flipped, and hit me while he was upside down.

I have no idea how it happened, I didn't see ANY of it since it came from behind. Some how he hit my tire hard enough to bend the upper control arm on the driver's side as well as the axle flange, and push me forward 8 feet into another car, yet he did NO body damage whatsoever (well, minues the damage to my front bumper - but I don't care about that). Thank God I put those 37s and lift on there or it probably would have been WAY worse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	298819_2209236164445_1653691667_2271621_711302019_n.jpg
Views:	1252
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	210969

Anyway, I need to replace those parts. Might go aftermarket if the price is right. Need some budget suggestions. I'm running the RC Series 2 3.5" lift currently with the stock arms. Axles are stock too.

Last edited by TimberwolfFXDL; 09-17-2011 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Default Sucks!

That is one of those "What are the odds" situation.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimberwolfFXDL
Crazy as it sounds, I was sitting in my jeep, parked on the side of a residential road in Jamaica, Queens, NY when a guy rounded the corned too fast, sideswiped another car, flipped, and hit me while he was upside down.

I have no idea how it happened, I didn't see ANY of it since it came from behind. Some how he hit my tire hard enough to bend the lower control arms on the driver's side as well as the axle, and push me forward 8 feet into another car, yet he did NO body damage whatsoever. Thank God I put those 37s and lift on there or it probably would have been WAY worse.

Attachment 210969

Anyway, I need to replace those parts. Might go aftermarket if the price is right. Need some budget suggestions. I'm running the RC Series 2 3.5" lift currently with the stock arms. Axles are stock too.
well i would turn it into insurance if the impact was hard enough to bend control arms it could have damaged more.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did he have one of those "if you can read this roll me over" stickers?

But really, turn it into insurance, get it checked out for more damage and then use the money to get what you need.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I took collision coverage off of it a while ago. So that option is out

I'll be buying out of pocket. (and maybe readding collision coverage lol)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:03 AM
JK Newbie

I would think you can file a claim against the guy that hit you? ?That is what insurance is for?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teebes210
I would think you can file a claim against the guy that hit you? ?That is what insurance is for?
New York is a 'no fault' state unfortunately.

Add in the fact the guy who was in the flipped car got out and fled the scene, I'm guessing the car was stolen or he was an illegal or something. There were stickers on the car's bumper that said "club car" whatever that means.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TimberwolfFXDL
New York is a 'no fault' state unfortunately.

Add in the fact the guy who was in the flipped car got out and fled the scene, I'm guessing the car was stolen or he was an illegal or something. There were stickers on the car's bumper that said "club car" whatever that means.
Your Collision insurance is what protects your car if (and only if) the accident is your fault. The other guy's Liability insurance is what protects you if the accident is his fault. In a no-fault state, Uninsured Motorist insurance is usually a required coverage also. It covers you if the other guy does not have insurance. NY may have its own twist on oll this, but I'd check out the insurance before going out-of-pocket.

Edit: Forgot to mention that "No Fault" usually applies only to medical coverage in an accident. Property damage - which is what you have - would be covered by the other guy's liability or by your uninsured motorist unless the accident is your fault.

Also - even if the other driver fled, the car itself may have been covered by insurance. Check it out. Your time spent will probably be money in your pocket.

Last edited by Freewill; 09-15-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would agree the other cars insurance would have to pay.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Definitly check the insurance on the other vehicle. Even if it was stolen, insurance covers the car not the person so before you lose a ton out of your pocket, see what you can get back first. Usually all you need is a police report to file a claim.

Quick Reply: My jeep got hit by an upside down car! Need some aftermarket part suggestions.