Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Is my JK going to take even longer now that DC has been sold?

Old 05-14-2007, 07:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my JK going to take even longer now that DC has been sold?

Just lat week my dealer said I would be moving to an 08 because my Rubi was in BG status since Feb. I was Ok with a Aug/Sep arival...... So now, will my wait be even longer while "DC" transitions to just "D"
Old 05-14-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

I think everyone at Chrysler is VERY nervous, because the new owners are only there to trim the fat and sell the whole thing to another car company. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are going to be out of work soon.

How does this affect Jeep? Well... I don't imagine we'll see anything "new" for the Wrangler any time soon: which means no Turbo Diesel or Truck model...

I don't think it will cause a delay for your JK; the show must go on and the one thing the new owners don't want to trim is sales.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

Just as Dayton1999 said, the one thing the new owners aren't going to try to do is trim sales... you're probably going to see an even bigger emphasis put on quick production and delivery, so I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to say, but yes, due to YOUR Jeep holding up the production line, they've moved your Jeep to the back of the line so they can catch up. They're doing it to everyone with an online name starting with a "B"
Old 05-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dayton1999
I think everyone at Chrysler is VERY nervous, because the new owners are only there to trim the fat and sell the whole thing to another car company. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are going to be out of work soon.
I don't know if they will sell it. They own 51% of GMAC. They own National Car Rental and I think Alamo. This purchase may be par for course. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'm sure there will be some trimming of fat. Hopefully, the high sales numbers recently for Jeep will help.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

BG since Feb? I would find another dealer. Serious.

Quick Reply: Is my JK going to take even longer now that DC has been sold?