Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My last thread, I guess this is goodbye😢

Old 12-13-2015, 05:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My last thread, I guess this is goodbye😢

Well everyone this will be my last thread. I traded The Devil in on a WK2 and am planning an XJ build. The Devil just wasn't a practical daily driver and after they gave me a brand spankin new Chrysler Town and Country for a rental that drove like a cloud, it spoiled me. I picked The Decil up from getting warranty work done and on the way home the check engine light came back on and I soon found out they were gonna rebuild the trans. I don't feel like going they this any more. Every time I went out wheeling something broke, sometimes it was small other times it was a major part. Like my transfer case. They gave me $3000 more than what I owed on it and my payments are actually $6 less per month! I LOVE the new WK2 and plan on beefing it up just a lil bit but I wanna focus on building an XJ to beat the crap out of! Lol Well I guess this is goodbye. It's been fun these past few years. I met some really nice people because of this forum and had some really good times. I never knew the jeep community was so great till I met all of you. If your put here in jersey you'll still see me put in the trail, I just won't be in my Rubi. Take care everyone, stay safe, have fun, and HAPPY JEEPIN!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-690796001.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	632119
Old 12-13-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hate to see you go man, you're one of the long time JKF veterans. Hope to see you in a jk again some day!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:11 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by k0260
Hate to see you go man, you're one of the long time JKF veterans. Hope to see you in a jk again some day!
Thanks! It was nice getting to know u on here! I was sad to let the JK go but it was no longer practical for my needs and I can get a beater for the woods. I loved that jk and all the people I met because of it and I'll never forget those times or people!
Old 12-13-2015, 10:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love JK's, but yeah I agree family wise a modded jeep would seem pretty impractical
Old 12-13-2015, 01:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by k0260
Love JK's, but yeah I agree family wise a modded jeep would seem pretty impractical
Yea and this new Grand Cherokee is SWEET! It drives like a cloud and it's FAST!
Old 12-26-2015, 08:09 AM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you'll be back, just a matter of how many years. :-)
Old 12-26-2015, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good luck with new rig! Hate to see you go!
Old 12-27-2015, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Foo
I'm sure you'll be back, just a matter of how many years. :-)
I have seen many try to switch to a Grand Cherokee and most come back. The comfy ride is tempting but there is nothing like a Wrangler. You will miss it every time you pass one with the doors off!!
Old 12-28-2015, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I too just switched to a WK2 with the 5.7. I have been moving away from the rock crawler scene over the last few years, and more towards the expedition style wheeling. Just put on some 32s and an OME lift on. It gets me to the scenic places, and campsites just fine. The Hemi shrugs off hills and accelerations like they are nothing. The heated leather interior makes the ride so plush. And I can actually listen to the radio on 5 volume, and have a conversation with my wife, without yelling, while going 75mph.

I do miss the JK sometimes. But not the quality. It's just not worth $35k+ and feels like I'm in a horse drawn carriage. I know this might make some people mad, but it's true.

Someday, I'll get an old YJ, drop a 350 in it. Throw tons and 40s on it. That will be my toy should I decide to play on the rocks once in a while. But for now, the WK2 takes me where I need to go.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just went wheeling with a buddy in his lifted hemi wk2 and watched his dad tackle the same terrain 100x smoother in his stock Cherokee trail hawk... If you can get over the looks of them it's something to look into. it was SUPER impressive.

Quick Reply: My last thread, I guess this is goodbye😢