Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My New Trektop NX Leaks!!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mkjeep
My factory soft top leaks, my factory hardtop leaks, actually my mpar bikini with the doors on leak less than any of them. All my jeeps I've on leaked some or after awhile leaked at some point. Just enjoy the top, it's a jeep.
My hardtop doesn't leak, and my old-style Trektop doesn't leak. I get the "put up with utilitarian because it's a Jeep" thing, but I don't get the "put up with crappy products because it's a Jeep" thing.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Mine has only leaked a bit in the pas frt corner in a torrential downpour... mind you the hardtop did too, so I think I need to visit the dealer after I put the hardtop back on for the winter.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will have to try the weatherstip fix on mine as had has a small pond form on the passenger side floor board of mine after it sat outside in the pouring rain this morning.....
Old 09-07-2011, 04:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've had massive leaking on the front passenger side the last three days. I tried the foam but apparently I didn't get it right because this morning there was a lake in the front passenger foot well. (AGAIN) I'll try it again once this monsoon in the Northeast decides to move on out.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine, trektop Nx, sat out in constant rain for 8hrs while I was at work yestetday. It was dry as a bone. Hoping it stays that way.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Newbie

Default Our new Trektop NX leaks ALOT!

We recently installed the Trektop NX on our JK 2012 4dr. The passenger front side carpet was completely soaked. Had to pull carpets out and shop vac the rest of the water out. I understand a little leak with a top like this, but this is too much! We live in South Florida, where we get downpours almost every afternoon. Don't want to have to be doing this everyday. We'll be calling Trektop about it.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Samb1611
We recently installed the Trektop NX on our JK 2012 4dr. The passenger front side carpet was completely soaked. Had to pull carpets out and shop vac the rest of the water out. I understand a little leak with a top like this, but this is too much! We live in South Florida, where we get downpours almost every afternoon. Don't want to have to be doing this everyday. We'll be calling Trektop about it.
U may want to call bestop not trektop since trektop is a specific model not the manufacturer
Old 06-15-2012, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Default Potential Leaky Trektop NX solution

I installed a Trektop NX on my 2011 4 door JK, and the top severely leaked where the front door, windshield and trektop all meet.

I called Bestop, and they send me a foam insert which is supposed to solve the problem.

Part Number: 488.40P

I suspect this will solve the leaking problem. I attached a copy of the installation instructions.

Click image for larger version

Name:	488.40A.jpg
Views:	1038
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	329550
Old 06-15-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for the part number, I just called Bestop and they are sending out those foam inserts. Should have them next week.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for this info! I just ordered mine. Since I bought my Trektop NX used, I paid for the part. It was $8 shipped, in case anyone wanted to know.

Quick Reply: My New Trektop NX Leaks!!