Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

My wife and my JK

Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My wife and my JK

I want to let all you guys know how cool my wife is with my Jeep. At first she thought it was silly to spend so much on a new Jeep, only to want to mod it with a new bumper, top, mirror relocation brackets, etc... she wondered what was wrong with my original stock bumper or why I wanted to take the doors off. (Bless her.) Now before some of you mention that it's my money, my Jeep... she's the breadwinner of the family. She's the boss. She bought me the Jeep. I'm far from whipped, but I am a kept man.

So every month for the past 3 months she's been telling me I can get something I really want for the Jeep. And seemingly every month there's a reason why that never happens.

First she wanted to get an extra band for her wedding ring set. It was a limited run and she wanted to get it before the prices sky rocketed. She was able to get the one she wanted for $300 and a month later the cost for the exact same ring went to $1200!!! So she was happy about that. I'm happy when she's happy. Happy wife, happy life.

Then a month later she wanted to start the HGC diet, her mom did it and was very successful. She asked if I could wait another month for my Jeep stuff, (I have a lengthy list of stuff I want, Safari top, duster, windjammer, lift, etc...)
The HGC diet costs around $500 to start up but she was really upset with her weight and her doctor suggested it. I know how she felt and I let her do it. She's lost 23 lbs in 24 days so far. Again, happy wife, happy life.

So this Sunday was the day I could go to Quadratech and browse and order what I wanted. (The safari/windjammer/duster cover combo) Then today I found out that my uncle's cancer has spread to his brain and he's not long for this world. My mother isn't very wealthy and she really wants to see her brother before he passes. So I made up my mind that the Jeep stuff can wait a little longer and we're going to offer to buy her a plane ticket/rental car to go see her brother.

Of course it's the right thing to do... but my wife told me that I'm one of the most generous people she's ever met and I would gladly make sure others have or get what they need before me. I put my wants on hold for the betterment and happiness of others.

I'm not trying to be that way, it's how I've always been, so it's not a stretch for me.

As we're driving back home from my mom's house she tells me that next month and every month from then on (barring any further incidents like the ones above) I have a monthly budget now to get what I want on my Jeep. Of course I'm not going to think it's a blank check and go crazy with shopping... but it's nice to know that if I want to get something nice for my Jeep, she'll support it.

So my wish list on Quadratech and other places is going to grow.

I'm glad I married her.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lucky man
Old 06-06-2009, 09:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Radcliffe1
Lucky man
..............and lucky woman. I predict a long and happy marriage and you will grow old together walking hand in hand.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:55 PM
JK Freak

great story!! and i second that happy wife =happy life! that was the hardest thing to learn for me...to let my pride go and give in on some things that i normally wouldn't...but now that i have learned to do so things are def. easier..thanks for sharing that story

Last edited by ben1284; 06-06-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: edit
Old 06-07-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like a great woman. Good luck with your mods. Does she have a sister?? lol Gi.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like a good lady you got there.

As awesome as my wife is, she could never, ever walk into a jewlery store and be happy only spending $300. She does love the Jeep though.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:45 AM
JK Freak

Congrat's on a Happy Marriage! As for the Jeep Budget, Murphy's Law comes to mind.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

COngrats, sounds like my wife, all the mods I have have been purchased in the last six months, other than the LoD sliders, the boss says I'm done until next year, I can live with that.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:39 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

Far too few people like you in this world. God bless.

What does your wife do for a living? Mine is studying to be a nurse but maybe with a little persuasion I can get her to change that
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are definitely a lucky man. I wish I could control my Jeep craze sometimes. I'm in college and I talk Jeep way too much to my girlfriend. I keep listing all the mods I want and the cool things that are out. It drives her nuts. I have to learn to calm down and quit focusing on the Jeep. Its hard though.

Good to hear you have your priorities straight. Definitely happy wife = happy life.

Quick Reply: My wife and my JK