Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

MyGig... worth it?

Old 05-13-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MyGig... worth it?

Any thoughts???
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I will tell you I'm waiting
Old 05-14-2007, 01:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it wasn't worth it to me. i've got a 60 gb ipod i can plug into it, and a garmin quest GPS...
Old 05-14-2007, 02:11 AM
JK Freak

Default not for me either...

I like my Garmin 7200 and it has built in XM, traffic, weather, stocks, and MP3 card slot and video capability that we use primarily in the RV but when not in there - I have it in the Jeep but...

...it is a matter of personal preference.

Had I not had my Garmin, I might have seriously considered it if there wasn't a delay in delivery.

Last edited by AZToad; 05-14-2007 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:11 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by degenerate
it wasn't worth it to me. i've got a 60 gb ipod i can plug into it, and a garmin quest GPS...
What he said....i cancelled mygig and just use my ipod.

I'd rather have my rubicon than not...if I would have stuck with the mygig...probably would not have it..
Old 05-14-2007, 06:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For me, no. it isnt worth it. I have an ipod, or a stack of CD's with like 140-150 mp3's each, no need for spending that kind of cash on an electrical gizmo i would never use. I can use that cash for important things, like lifts/tires/gin/hookers/bumpers/winches etc. :toung:
Old 05-14-2007, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same here. Already have an ipod and am getting a handheld GPS.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by blackmarketg4
Any thoughts???
If you don't have to wait forever to get it, it is worth it. If you are, like some above, really into an iPod, you probably don't need it. I've got an iPod, but opted for the MyGig anyway and don't see why I'll ever use the iPod in my vehicle. I can load more than enough songs on MyGig to keep me entertained on any length of trip. Plus, no wire running from the dash to the iPod and back to your power source. However, I also agree with some that there are some really nice navigation units out there now that will let you store music, have bluetooth phone option and much more sophisticated navigation features. However, the MyGig navigation feature is still fairly decent and unlike anything else you can buy, it will come with 3 year warranty. Just MHO.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I cancelld my mygig order even though I wanted it (and I have my jeep now).
I am using my 80gig Ipod and am getting an Alpine dvd player/nav unit for $700.00 less than the Mygig.
Old 05-14-2007, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Have to say, I think it was worth it. The convenience of everything in one, combined with not having to attach or carry anything wlese in the jeep is really handy....don't have to carry CD's, an ipod, or a dash mount GPS. Although I can still attach the Ipod if I want.

So far, happy with it, no doubt. I will admit it's only been a month and I haven't played with it as much as I'd like, but the basic functions work well

Quick Reply: MyGig... worth it?