Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Help Against the Slimeballs (dealer)

Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Against the Slimeballs (dealer)

Hey Guys/Gals:

I recently purchased my first Wrangler at the end of Dec 2007, its been a great vehicle for me since I haven't ended up in any road side ditches or snowbanks (My mother's Toyota Rav4 has not been kind to me).

Back to the important stuff, I purchased the dual top option and just recently took off the hard top to put on the soft top. Well I assumed the windows were hidden somewhere in the vehicle or rolled up with the soft top. Turns out they are nowhere to be found. I go to the dealer to ask for them, and he's basically telling me go f**k yourself and purchase new ones. I'm new to this whole car buying thing and dealing with car salesman. Do you guys have any ideas of how I can get the soft top windows which should have came with the Jeep? This complete B.S. and I don't understand how they can give me half the product.

P.S. its gonna rain today in the evening and I gotta race home before I get rained on. ha.

P.S.S. I also put this nice crack in my window. But you would never guess how? Give up?....I was going to unclip the soft top on the passenger side. So, i pulled the visor down and it swung forward when I pulled it down...and CRACK. It wasn't even that hard of a hit. I'll post pictures up of it later. But I've withstood pebbles and rocks on the highway, and I get screwed by my sun visor.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Super Freak

I would go straight to the Fleet Manager, tell him about the salesman that "helped" you, explain your situation all while being the nice guy and see what happens.

More than likely he will be willing to help you out. If not, follow Toad's advice and raise Hell, Threaten to call Jeep, or the Better Business Bureau. The Windows come with the top and should have been there.

I think there has been a few more threads about this, so you might want to look them up.

Good luck.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

You should get what You paid for the windows come with soft top. If the fleet manager dosen't help, ask for the general manager. Getting loud dosen't help all the time stand Your ground and be frim. Look in the owners manual for the numbers to Chrysler if The dealer dosen't help.
This is the kind of service Chrysler is headed for in the future caus they keep closing small Mom & Pop dealers for the mega store. 5 dealers closed in my area in the last 4 years.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

As a franchised new car dealer myself, I have to say, go past the salesman to his manager...or the General Sales manager.
Don't call the factory, BBB, Janet Reno, or anyone except the selling dealership. YET.

Keep going up the chain of command.
It depends on how big a store you bought it from.
Is the Dealers name on the front of the building?
Ask for him if you get the run around for more than a day or so
Dont be a dick, but be persistant.
It works for my customers..and my employees know it.

chuck...the scumbag dealer
Old 04-17-2008, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chucktuna
As a franchised new car dealer myself, I have to say, go past the salesman to his manager...or the General Sales manager.
Don't call the factory, BBB, Janet Reno, or anyone except the selling dealership. YET.

Yeah Chuck has some good advice there. It definately helps to work within the dealership first. Give them a chance to make it right with you before getting anyone else involved.

Also for what it's worth, the accessories came in two boxes for ours. One box is the plastic panels that create the upper door jams. The other box contains the windows.

Good luck,
Larry
Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

You're not the first one this has happened to. I had heard about this before I bought mine so I made a point of checking before we left the lot. I wonder if all of those missing window kits aren't ending up on E-bay.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

It happend to me...

I went back 4 four months later. I explained that I thought all of these items were "rolled" into the soft-top. They didn't hassle me at all.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:27 AM
Former Member

As Ive posted before, I picked up my Jeep in Dec-06 and didn't know there should have been 2 boxes. I got the one with the windows but not the one with door framing and hardware.
Pretty sure they won't be able to supply the missing box because there's no part # they can order by.
For me we had to pick out all the individual pieces from the parts book.
They'll probably have to do the same for each window.

NOTE- that missing box also has the rear window lower bar corner brackets.
You need them too.

-dual top option comes with deep tint windows-make sure you get them
because the parts guy will likely order up the cheap ones.

It was April-07 before I went back looking for my parts and although at first they looked at me with blank stares they were helpful in the end.

Be nice to them because they are supposed to check that a vehicle is complete after delivery and by not doing so, the missing parts come out of their pocket.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chucktuna

So if I were just driving around one day, what city might your dealership be located?

Also like the others, and Chuck, find the manager and explain your problem.

Last edited by wiredawg_mg; 04-18-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

just make sure you get all the boxes....
its been a year and a half for me, but I think there were 3.
1 for the two side windows
1 for the back
1 for the plastic hardware for the canvas to connect to

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Need Help Against the Slimeballs (dealer)