Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need Help Against the Slimeballs (dealer)

Old 04-26-2008, 09:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help against the Slimeballs (dealer) update 2

**For any of you that are car dealers or dealership owners this need not apply to you, since I'm sure you run a reputable business if you take so much interest in your consumers to be on this website/forum.**

So, I explained last time how they denied me my soft top windows and the boxes that never seemed to come with my Jeep. They told me to buy them back, when I indeed purchased the Dual Top. The windows should be rightfully mine, right?

Well I went for a round two with them, playing the innocent/nice guy "oh I am so naive young college kid, and you are of far superior intellect and one day I want to strive to be like you" routine, and to no avail. The told me "we can work with you on the cost of buying the soft top windows."

Then it got even worse when they implied that i was thief. I told them its been raining here and this is my DD and the windows weren't in the jeep. I told him why would i ride around in the rain with no windows, and asked him where I my windows. And his reply...classic a$$hole..."Maybe you should ask yourself where they are."

Went through a couple ppl through the dealership and explained my story again and again, and now they tell me to wait till Tuesday to get an answer. I told them to give me the windows off the display in the meantime (mind you the windows off the display jeep are off and sitting in the trunk i should've just jacked them and ran, but nonetheless they're sitting in the trunk) he told me he can't cause it's part of that vehicle and has to keep everything together. What worthless piece of garbage he is.

So now I don't know what to do. I've never dealt with a dealer or this kind of stuff, I'm pretty young and i followed the advice of a couple ppl here (it was good advice too) and to no avail. Did the whole be sincere and nice but nada. oh and btw he told me that its been 4 months why didn't i come right away to get them. I bought it in the winter, and didn't bother looking/taking out the softop till now. If worse comes to worse are there any dealers on here that i can get a price quote on for the soft top windows and the accessories that go with them? I would rather buy it from another dealer then them. But I think I'm gonna go the whole Better Business route and the consumerist.org route and do it that way.

Oh and btw, if you're thinking why not go to Chrysler. They told me its not in their hands and this is in the hands of the dealer. What nice corporations we have, been di*king you over since day one. Oh well rain seems to be holding off today. Thank you all for reading.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

Napleton's Northwestern
6116 N Western Ave
Chicago, IL 60659

Last edited by Robar; 04-26-2008 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Please do not post direct non sponsor contact information.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:24 AM
-

forgive me for asking a stupid question. But..........did you not check for the windows when you picked up the Jeep?
Old 04-26-2008, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

So you bought your jeep without the soft top windows? And if so, did they say anything about ordering any?

I'm just a little stuck on why exactly you don't have the soft top windows. But I will definitely agree with you a 100% on how crappy the dealerships are after you've made your purchase. My dealership can't even do a wheel alignment correctly. Went to them about five times, paid all five times and they still couldn't do it right...don't they work on Jeeps all day

Finally found a private business mechanic and he fixed my alignment in a couple minutes.

Going back into your situation, I was gonna say to call corporate too because the dealership is being unfair and not living up to, "the customer is alway right." Have you talked to the main guy, the owner of that dealership? If not, you have to and just tell your story. If he denies you too, then that's when you begin to raise your voice and complain hardcore.

Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you...I just woke up. But I'll try to lay down some more ideas later.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by huskerjk7
forgive me for asking a stupid question. But..........did you not check for the windows when you picked up the Jeep?
It was my first Jeep, forgive me for being stupid, but I thought the windows were rolled up with soft top. Being my first Jeep I really didn't know. Didn't know it came with all these separate boxes.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

First of all, I'd go back to Chrysler. The person who said that it's an issue with the dealership is lazy and didn't want to deal with it. It's the job of the dealership to represent Chryslers product in the best possible way. If they screw with you it IS Chryslers problem.
When I was getting jacked around by dealerships when I went to buy my Jeep, I wrote to Chrysler and they took care of it for me.

You may also want to contact Don-a-vee jeep on here. They are a sponsoring dealership and it sounds like, from what I've read, that they always do right by their customers. They may have some advice to offer you.

Last thing... if you've exhausted all of your resources and have to buy the windows, and you have a 2 door, let me know. I actually purchased a soft top from someone in the fall. I stored it through the winter and when I took it out to put it on, I noticed that there is a crack in the plastic piece that attaches to the windshield. I don't know if it was there already, or if it happened when I was installing it, but I'm going to have to go a different route for a soft top now. I just found out from my dealer today that they wouldn't warranty it. It's a loss for me, but I might part out the soft top, which means I'll have some 2 door windows for sale. No scratches, barely used, and the damage is on the main part of the top, not any of the windows.

Hopefully someone takes care of you though, and you don't have to go that route. It would suck to have to buy parts that you technically already own.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Who's the dealer? Never mind. So much for the meaning of 5-star dealerships. I'd complain to Chrysler. Even if they make it right I'd complain.

Last edited by eDiveBuddy; 04-26-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Former Member

Originally Posted by hansonian
I would call Chrysler Customer Care 1-800-992-1997 and keep on them till they do something. Or go down and stand on the sidewalk by the dealership with a sign letting potential customers know how they screwed you over. I think standing outside with a sign on a busy sales week might get them moving on finding you some windows.

Or if you're fast, run in and grab those windows out of the back of the display vehicle

You didn't hear that last part from me though
X2 but not the part about running in and running out faster.

Not all dealerships are 5 Star...they have to earn the rating...this one isn't by the sound of this story.

Nothing wrong with naming these guys to warn others away from them.

Make sure you paint the sign with bright colours
Old 04-27-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default dangit

I wrote a huge fun rant, and my computer crapped out on me! UGH!

anyway; go git 'em! why would you buy a $25-30,000 jeep in hopes of stealing $150 windows?! can you return the jeep? does this fall under the lemon laws? start bringing it in for made up shit and make them give you a loaner...
Old 04-27-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

I'd have left with an order # in hand and just laughed in this morons face, fortunately my dealership has well trained sales people, staff, mgmt, etc. Unfortunately there is a lot of crap out there from sales to mgmt in the car business and it boils down to your own expectations from the moment you pull into a lot for the first time.

Don't back down, get your parts you paid for and quit waisting your time with this jacka** sales person.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RomeArtifact
It was my first Jeep, forgive me for being stupid, but I thought the windows were rolled up with soft top. Being my first Jeep I really didn't know. Didn't know it came with all these separate boxes.
Your not stupid man, young and learning and that's fine. At this point you have to man-up and put your foot down. The whole "thief" comment would have ended up in a bad way for me, I don't take shit like that lightly, I hate a thief for one thing and for this dealership to do that is really messed up. The soft tops come in several boxes, I had dual tops, hardtop was on for delivery (had mine built to my specs), but they were lacking the tinted windows, they came in a week later and let me tell you I had a few courtesy calls telling me they were in. You at this point have played the role of a soft spoken mouse and being young they think they cam push one over on you, much like they do women...or some women that are pushovers or just don't know any better.

Again, I wouldn't leave till they promised to do right, and if one of my two sons (21 & 23) had an issue like you have I'd be right in the middle of it and they would have the parts on the way. This is total BS what they are doing to you and unfortunately you kind of let it go one for too long.

Keep us posted

Quick Reply: Need Help Against the Slimeballs (dealer)