Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Need some advice, dealership lied... go figure.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It looks like you have discovered why you did not get the window sticker.

You won't have much luck with the winch plate - they really mean its winch plate ready!

Good luck with the gearing - you might be able to make your case?
Old 12-11-2012, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spank
5.13's is overdoing it for the 3.6, even with 37's. 4.56 or 4.88 is as low as you'll want to go.
You should tell that to Chris @offroad evolution. I have to believe what he says.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clemons
You should tell that to Chris @offroad evolution. I have to believe what he says.
I'm sure the tens of people who have 5.13's in their 2012 JK agree with you.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spank

I'm sure the tens of people who have 5.13's in their 2012 JK agree with you.
There is a thread about this.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/regear-not-regear-2012-heres-answer-252208/
Old 12-14-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

So this doesn't offer any help to your issue with getting the wrong gears...however it "IS" federal law that if you bought the vehicle new that the window sitcker/build sheet be with and sold with the vehicle at the time of delivery.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by onsafari
So this doesn't offer any help to your issue with getting the wrong gears...however it "IS" federal law that if you bought the vehicle new that the window sitcker/build sheet be with and sold with the vehicle at the time of delivery.
We did get the window sticker, it didn't list the gear ratio though. The new car sales manager has yet to call me back either. Their used car sales manager had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. When I told him why I was angry he asked why I would want those in there anyways and asked if I planned on having it offroad or was going to rock crawl with it. What a dunce, why the hell else would I have bought a rubicon. The people at Performance dodge of Lincoln don't seem to have a clue about the products they sell, nor do they seem to give even an ounce of crap a about their integrity. Thanks everyone for your advise about regearing, if this dealership fails for me at least I have a better idea of what to plan for with future mods.

Quick Reply: Need some advice, dealership lied... go figure.