Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New 2008 JK

Old 03-20-2008, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lifting the jeep will not void the warrenty - Go to Reuther's Jeep on Olive, and they will definately take care of you! Not to mention, they really know their jeeps!

as far as everything else, are you planning on wheeling the jeep, or is it just for on road use?

if you are going off road in it, you will want a bumper with a winch - but that is not something you necessarily need right off the bat - if not, then it really is not necessary.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the responses, keep the advice coming as far as options and other general jeep info, PLEASE!

As far as usage, I will be driving it everyday to work, and every night and weekend with the wife and occasional trail riding maybe more if I found some like minded jeep owners near St. Louis Missouri.

As it sits right now these are the options i have picked, I just left the dealer.

2008 jeep wrangler
2 door
automatic
S package 17in wheels and 255 tires
tow hooks in front
tow package - just for IF i wanted to tow something or the rack for a cooler
power package - locks windows alarm
anti spin diff rear axel
dk slate interior
black exterior

soft top ----- i was considering both tops but the dealer says it can take an hour to remove the hard and put the soft back and he said the soft does well in the winter and it should be fine, i was considering the hard top just for the winter they can be rough sometimes.

list price 24,295

he said mark up is 1200.00 he would split that with me and only mark it up 600

so 23,659 final price

I am thinking of trading my rodeo in on it but not sure

7.9 percent interest for a 5 year loan

I am checking with my bank in the morning.

Please give any info for me I am trying to close this deal in the next 2 days!!!!!!

Red
Old 03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks like you got some nice features spec'd out. The only thing I would urge you to look into is the finance rate. As long as you have an excellent credit rating, you should be able to get 5.9% or less.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:18 PM
JK Junkie

Yeah im looking into that,

I really didnt think i need bigger wheels and tires considering it will be at least 85% street driving, do you all agree?

Anymore comments on the mods or warranty?

Red
Old 03-20-2008, 04:27 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK

soft top ----- i was considering both tops but the dealer says it can take an hour to remove the hard and put the soft back and he said the soft does well in the winter and it should be fine, i was considering the hard top just for the winter they can be rough sometimes.

Red
I would consider the hardtop if you have somewhere to store it in the summer. I am in Missouri and with the last two winters and the ice storms, I really needed the glass windows and rear defroster. The top is not that hard to take off, and it is much cheaper if you get the dual top than changing your mind later. I like the hardtop because the front panels remove for quick sunshine if the weather is questionable. The hardtops are selling for $2,400 and the dual top option is half that.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

thats what i was thinking too, the duel tops add 1400 on purchase.

I thought for security too if I go to a ball game in the city.

Any other advice on mods or my choices?\

Red
Old 03-20-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK

list price 24,295

he said mark up is 1200.00 he would split that with me and only mark it up 600

so 23,659 final price

Red
I bought mine about a month ago in jersey and got it for 1% below invoice. Ask the dealer to see the pricing sheet. If you're working with a five star dealer, they may be more likely to share the info (just my experience). There's several prices typically on that sheet...MSRP, FWP is "invoice", then FFP is the friends and family price. This is the 1% below. The other price on there will be EP, employee pricing. The Holdback (HB) will be listed on there too. My MSRP was 24,150 and I ended up with 22,915 (FFP).
If you're interested in leasing, I got a great deal through leasecompare.com I'm paying about $60 less a month than I would have through Chrysler Financial.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

Definitely go for the dual top option. Flexibility, security and value are all huge. Yes you do need some room to store the top but it's well worth it.

Have fun! I know I have!
Old 03-21-2008, 04:19 AM
JK Junkie

Yes I have a garage, so the top would be no problem. Just another 1400.00 bucks.

Is that what you guys are seeing too, I should be looking at 1% below invoice like mpurzyck said.

Red
Old 03-21-2008, 08:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Enjoy your new toy! If you're happy with it, that's ALL that matters. Try to get a better interest rate on the loan -- interests rates were cut AGAIN this week. Should be able to pick up a 5% loan at any credit union. And the JK should have been sold at invoice, but some areas are stuck with greedy dealers.

Quick Reply: New 2008 JK