Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New 2008 JK

Old 03-19-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation New 2008 JK

I am about to buy my first jeep.

I wanted to get some feedback before I did so please everyone with any info please post here.

I wanted certain options like the S package, duel top, trak lok, power package, tow package, and all on a 2 door automatic - the wife says I have to get an auto so she can drive it too.

I am having trouble finding one like this with the exact options in black or silver so I am about to put a down payment and order one from the factory. The dealership
says it can take 8 weeks which is ok but I wanted it sooner but it will be worth the wait.

Does anyone have any other options I really should consider, or any other feedback about it at all????

That new waranty is crazy good is that what you all think too????

all right well hopefully this is my first post of many I look forward to being part of a new group of jeep lovers.

Red

oh yeah by the way I didn't see much price talk on here yet but my jeep the way I want it lists for 25,500 what would be a good price to try and get them down too?
Old 03-19-2008, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to edmunds.com and put in the 2008 Wrangler (under new cars) then price it with the options you want. The site will tell you sticker and what invoice is on that vehicle with those options. I would shoot for under invoice. I got my Rubicon for way under invoice. I'm in a south suburb of Chicago so if you want I can give you my dealer's number along with the salesman if you want.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeanoT
Go to edmunds.com and put in the 2008 Wrangler (under new cars) then price it with the options you want. The site will tell you sticker and what invoice is on that vehicle with those options. I would shoot for under invoice. I got my Rubicon for way under invoice. I'm in a south suburb of Chicago so if you want I can give you my dealer's number along with the salesman if you want.
x2 on edmunds. Do some extensive research on that site and you will get a good deal. Also go to jeep.com and do a dealer search for as far as your willing to drive/possibly fly and you can see every wrangler window sticker on a lot. Im willing to bet you can find the options your looking for if you look far enough. Its worth the drive IMO to avoid the wait.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Junkie

Does anyone have any options suggestions that are must haves like the front sway bar disengage thing??

Anyone have any comments about the duel tops?

What about getting a winch on the bumper?

I was also gonna get the 17in wheels with 255's, I would love a lift but they said the lift and too big of tires would void the life time warranty.

Any comments on how good the warranty is???

Red
Old 03-19-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

For finding the Jeep that you want nearby, I found this web app when I was looking for mine. It helped a lot, compared to the tedious "manual" inventory search on the Jeep website. No affiliation to the site, by the way...

hxxp://www.jktoolz.com/toolz/

I found that I could find the one that I was looking for just by knowing the price (with the options I wanted) & seeing the color. Unfortunately, I didn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I ordered it.

Mine took 2 months almost to the day, from order to delivery. It was definitely worth the wait.

The "This vehicle was built especially for xxxxxxx xxxxxx" on the window sticker is a cool bonus!

Last edited by JackMac4; 04-23-2008 at 04:25 AM. Reason: please do not direct link to non-sponsors
Old 03-19-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK

I am about to put a down payment and order one from the factory. The dealership
says it can take 8 weeks which is ok but I wanted it sooner but it will be worth the wait.

It is true that it MIGHT take as short as 8 weeks... it will probably take longer.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go withe the manual, or the wife will leave you Jeepless...trust me I got the auto and end up driving my wife's explorer a lot!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have a lot of the options you are looking for ad love it. I went with the manual and feel sorry for you that you have to go with the auto.

check edmunds for pricing info, try to get as close to invoice as possible.

good luck
Old 03-20-2008, 04:58 AM
JK Junkie

Any comments on the options I should get or the warranty???????

any comments on the other questions i had, Hello???????
Old 03-20-2008, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TheonlyREDhead 2008 JK
Does anyone have any options suggestions that are must haves like the front sway bar disengage thing??

Anyone have any comments about the duel tops?

What about getting a winch on the bumper?

I was also gonna get the 17in wheels with 255's, I would love a lift but they said the lift and too big of tires would void the life time warranty.

Any comments on how good the warranty is???

Red
As for the warranty comment, that's not a true statement. It's not for them to decide. A lift will void your suspension warranty but not your lifetime powertrain warranty.

Several dealers are selling new Jeeps with lifts and 33's or 35's. If that dealer doesn't want to deal with your warranty, go to another one. Hell, I wouldn't buy it from them if they told me that.

Quick Reply: New 2008 JK