Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New hard top arrived and sent it back!!

Old 10-20-2010, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New hard top arrived and sent it back!!

My hardtop arrived on Monday and was sent back to Quadratec. It looked like they dragged it all the way from PA behind the truck.

This is what the box looked like except those are my tie downs to keep the top on. The other pic is only one of several places of damage. The two pieces of foam and cardboard under the cover were suppose to support the front of the top. The shipper returned a few house later to send it back. Quadratec made good and are sending me a new top. It just blows me away that anyone can treat stuff that isn't their's like this.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Quadratec Rep

Yikes...

Sorry for the delay, glad to see customer service is taking care of everything. Hope the next one is delivered better shape.

Old 10-20-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

My wife works for UPS, so nothing surprises me any more. I'm glad they are taking care of getting another out. Hopefully that one will be ok!
Old 10-20-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

People do the same thing in the back storage rooms of big box stores.
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

I worked for UPS loading trucks for 3 years. Every dock has about 5-6 trucks - each truck is assigned several ZIP codes. The last trailer is used for "irregs". Irregular shaped objects and heavy objects etc like automobile engines, long objects, tires, and anything 100lbs or more. This would be an irreg item.

To be totally honest with you, the guys who loaded the heavy crap and wierd shapped shit didnt care much about what they were loading. They would throw the stuff in as far and hard as they could, with each guy trying to out-do the next. At that time, the UPS warehouse i worked at didnt care about damaged goods as much as stolen stuff.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Smile

Worked at UPS for 3.5 years (unloading and some sorting) at the Lombard, Illinois hub. It was all about maximum output. Great way to get in shape I might add. As stated above, they were more concerned about loss prevention (theft) than damages. If a box busted open, you simply stuff everything back in it, tape it up, and keep it moving. That job was typically handled by injured workers, lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Incognito
That job was typically handled by injured workers, lol.
lol yea they drove little trolleys around - usually the higher up union workers.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Where does it say that ups delivered it
Old 10-20-2010, 08:05 PM
JK Freak

it doesnt,, but the odds on taking UPS arent bad.

someone aboved mentioned UPS and we ran with it....
Old 10-21-2010, 03:24 AM
JK Super Freak

It wasn't UPS, but you all took the ball and went with it. I didn't want to stop you. It was good reading! Quadratec has been great about the new top. As soon as I had a number it was on the truck back to them, the got another one ready to go. It is suppose to be here next week. I just could not believe the condition. It's not like you can just throw it around. It got that bad from one lift to another I guess. Or maybe it was a used top someone switched with me on it's journey!

Quick Reply: New hard top arrived and sent it back!!