Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Je-at?

Old 04-30-2009, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I decided I found something I like about it......the color (w/o the tan island).
Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Super Freak

That'll be as good a Jeep as that POS Compass was. It won't do well in the states and they'll kill it off.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by InTheMist
Its cute. We have one in our parking lot at work. Ok, its not that offroad capable, but it fits below the Liberty in the subcompact range.

I think its a good idea.

i think ur high.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joes-jk
i think ur high.
Like it or not, green is 'in' and Democrats control the White House, Senate and House. Chrysler doesn't have any green creds like GM and the Chevy Volt.

Most people don't take their Jeeps offroad (JKs aside). Most people need something more economical for commuting especially if the greens/liberals succeed in continuing to raise the gas tax. I live in Switzerland where the politicians make Democrats look like wannabees...and gasoline costs EIGHT DOLLARS A GALLON.

We can surely agree that we're the minority here, and we all want to avoid 2011 without our beloved Jeep brand.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Chrysler does have a "green" car program. ENVI

https://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innov...envi/overview/

It actually sounds like a better concept than the all electric Chevy Volt. I heard that the volt can only go 40 miles then has to recharge?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by .45Hardboil
a 1.3-liter-diesel powered off-road vehicle that gets nearly 40 mpg and would likely be sold as a Jeep in 2011 with a 1.2 or 1.4 liter gasoline engine.
Wish they'd get off their duffs and give us those small efficient high torque diesels instead of dropping in a 1.2L gasser.

I can't honestly say I'm crazy about the looks but if oil prices make another run like they did last year, I'm afraid we'll see a lot more cars that look like it on U.S. roads.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

That takes a lot of gaul. Fiat is already copying Jeep's green.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by InTheMist
Its cute. We have one in our parking lot at work. Ok, its not that offroad capable, but it fits below the Liberty in the subcompact range.

I think its a good idea.

you're drunk!!
Old 04-30-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob7765
Chrysler does have a "green" car program. ENVI

https://www.chryslerllc.com/en/innov...envi/overview/

It actually sounds like a better concept than the all electric Chevy Volt. I heard that the volt can only go 40 miles then has to recharge?
The Chevy Volt's so-called E-REV is also a 40 mile battery only vehicle WITH gasoline range-extender. And the Volt is a production intent vehicle, not a prototype. I've followed it closely since its announcement. I would rather have the ENVI Jeep as a second vehicle, but I still find the little Fiat a nice alternative.

Here is an offroad video of the Panda. No suprise that it loses vs. Range Rover in this test, but not bad at all:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

The Chevy Volt fan site:
http://www.gm-volt.com
Old 04-30-2009, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn’t like the panda when it first cam out but then I rented a 1.3 D on holiday and have to say it was impressed with it, used it all week and only had to put 15 Euro in to fill it up at the end, now they have grown on me. But that said it is still not an off roader. I guess it will be like all the Daewoo’s driving around with Chevy badges only Fiat has some great products these days.

Quick Reply: New Je-at?