Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New member, New Jeep (pre-Owned), New questions.... Help please...

Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by marlon671
@XTZach i attached to pictures to my previous reply... are those the gussets and sleeves on the front axle? from what ive read on this forum, it seems like em....
Yup! Those are gussets
Old 06-04-2013, 02:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice jeep. Enjoy and welcome.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Yup! Those are gussets
Thanks! I love learning and discovering new things about this jeep... getting more attached to it as the days go by...
Old 06-04-2013, 03:21 PM
JK Freak

Post pics of the suspension/ steering and we'll tell you what you've got and what to worry about. Looks like JKS quicker disconnects, a high steer/drag link flip, aftermarket tie rod, and gussets on the inner C's. All good stuff.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:25 PM
JK Newbie

Great idea.. Post pics as soon as i get home...

Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik
Post pics of the suspension/ steering and we'll tell you what you've got and what to worry about. Looks like JKS quicker disconnects, a high steer/drag link flip, aftermarket tie rod, and gussets on the inner C's. All good stuff.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by marlon671
@XTZach i attached to pictures to my previous reply... are those the gussets and sleeves on the front axle? from what ive read on this forum, it seems like em....
Those are definitely gussets! From the second pic it looks like you might also have the axle tubes sleeved as well. I can't tell forsure, but ti looks like you may have some sleeves in there. If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help!

-Zach
Old 06-05-2013, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

Looks like you got a killer deal on the Jeep - enjoy it!!
Old 06-05-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Junkie

Nice ride, welcome to the forum. In addition to what others said you should periodically check your oil level (i.e. every fill up) just to make sure your not low in oil. Don't mean to get you all paranoid, but I myself believe in preventative maintenance. If you do a search for "excessive oil consumption" / "burning oil" some of the 3.8 engines have known to experience that and without properly maintaining the oil level, the engines didn't last very long. It will go along way to ensure your oil level is at the full mark and doesn't take too much effort to check the level every once in a while. Enjoy your new Jeep...

BTW, your 671 username, does that have any reference to Guam?

Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by aldaman
Nice ride, welcome to the forum. In addition to what others said you should periodically check your oil level (i.e. every fill up) just to make sure your not low in oil. Don't mean to get you all paranoid, but I myself believe in preventative maintenance. If you do a search for "excessive oil consumption" / "burning oil" some of the 3.8 engines have known to experience that and without properly maintaining the oil level, the engines didn't last very long. It will go along way to ensure your oil level is at the full mark and doesn't take too much effort to check the level every once in a while. Enjoy your new Jeep...

BTW, your 671 username, does that have any reference to Guam?

Thanks! Yea i heard about the oil consumption problem.. so im on top of that... i was used to checking oil religiously because of my wrx.

But yes, im from guam. Born and raised.. moved to california in 2002... been her in cali since..
Old 06-05-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by XTZach
Those are definitely gussets! From the second pic it looks like you might also have the axle tubes sleeved as well. I can't tell forsure, but ti looks like you may have some sleeves in there. If you ever have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to help!

-Zach
Looks like this jeep was built right! i think i have found the previous owner as well... im trying to contact him through pm just to see if the jeep was sold to someone else before i got it or was it only him that owned the jeep...

i also took a closer look and it is sleeved as well... now i just need to save for a tire carrier so i can have a correct sized spare... and still on the hunt for a rear seat as well... thanks for your help!

Quick Reply: New member, New Jeep (pre-Owned), New questions.... Help please...