Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

New Seat Recommendations!

Old 05-02-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Seat Recommendations!

I am needing to replace the front seats in my 2008 JK. Any suggestions from those who have done it. I like the Corbeau & MasterCraft but not the price. Anyone have the Smittybilt seats? I have heard they aren't that good.

Hate trying to make such a decision without being able to sit in them to try out.

Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is your budget for seats? One thing to keep in mind is that some of them will require a bracket as well. Corbeau are typically more budget/value friendly, mastercrafts are more of a premium seat and most of their line is made in the US.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/scp/interior/seats/seats
Old 05-03-2017, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,596 Posts

This might be a stretch, but since in the DFW area where we have a gluten of JKs, possible to find some seats from a salvaged '13+ (after the redesign), and do a set of katzkin leather to freshen up the whole interior? Wondering if that could be cost effective at all as opposed to buying aftermarket seats.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

This may or may not be your thing.....but someone posted these up today -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-a...-seats-341975/
Old 05-03-2017, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
This might be a stretch, but since in the DFW area where we have a gluten of JKs, possible to find some seats from a salvaged '13+ (after the redesign), and do a set of katzkin leather to freshen up the whole interior? Wondering if that could be cost effective at all as opposed to buying aftermarket seats.

Great idea! Will have to look into this. Thanks
Old 05-03-2017, 07:36 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info so far guys. Not worried about having to buy brackets if needed. More worried about the fit and comfort of the seats. Don't really want the racing bucket style as I will also drive this around town quite a bit as well as Overland Trips.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by txfirefghter
Thanks for the info so far guys. Not worried about having to buy brackets if needed. More worried about the fit and comfort of the seats. Don't really want the racing bucket style as I will also drive this around town quite a bit as well as Overland Trips.
IMO, the update in 2013 was significantly better. I bought a full set of leather for my 4dr from this guy a few years back for ~$400. It was brand new, full leather. It doesn't look like he's posted in the last couple years so he may no longer be around. Might be worth sending him a message though if you do find some seats.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...92624154244725

Another thing to consider is that Starwood Motors is constantly doing custom jobs. I'd bet they have a s-ton of brand new cloth seat covers, possibly some leather seat covers, and possibly even some whole seats since a few of their jobs replace the seat. It might be worthwhile to check with them and see if they're selling anything you might be interested in since they're local. Just a few thoughts that are outside the box.

Old 05-07-2017, 05:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was in the same position wanting to upgrade my seats but not willing to spend a lot of money without being able to sit in something first. What I ended up doing was going to a local upholstery shop and having my seats refoamed and having the lumbar built up a little. My seat covers are still in great shape so I left them.

I'm very happy with how they turned out, cost was $500. I really liked the look of the PRP seats, lots of color customization options and some good reviews but nowhere local to try.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:41 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Hey, I saw these seats come up on CL today and thought of this thread. I dont see pics of your jeep in your profile, but guessing the color could be a tough sale.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/6187782362.html

Quick Reply: New Seat Recommendations!