Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

notice a diff between longer shocks vs. xtensions?

Old 12-17-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so it seems that majority of the people on here that have a 2.5" tf have the coil lift?! is there an advantage to a coil lift vs a BB? other then maybe it being cheaper to upgrade to a bigger lift. my rig will 98% of the time be a Daily Driver with the exception of the beach. is it worth it for me to go coil over bb?
Old 12-18-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
so it seems that majority of the people on here that have a 2.5" tf have the coil lift?! is there an advantage to a coil lift vs a BB? other then maybe it being cheaper to upgrade to a bigger lift. my rig will 98% of the time be a Daily Driver with the exception of the beach. is it worth it for me to go coil over bb?
for on road and beach, you'll be fine with BB. If you ever want to go off roading, spend a few bucks more and get the coils.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

i do plan on goin off roading at places like rausch creek and stuff and i no my cousins goes with his BB by TF and it doesnt seem like a big difference in off roading ability to me.... idk it wont kill me to wheel with a BB!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Plenty of guys wheel plenty hard with the BB, that's for sure. To me, the difference in cost is small for a big difference in setup. I don't plan on going any bigger than the 3" i got out of my 2.5" coils for a long time. Some day when it's not my DD'er, maybe I'll do a long arm kit.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Freak

yea thats the thing. i use my jk as a dialy driver and the majority of the off road it sees is the beach in the summer (which is a lot ). i do wanna go up to rausch and other places and do some legit wheeling too. either the TF 2.5 BB with shock extensions or the 2.5 coil with shock extensions. i gotta pick soon.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

If you ever plan on a heavier bumper plus maybe a winch in the future, I would def do coils, at least in the front.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Junkie

You've seen my pics. I beat the shit out of my TF BB wheelin' hard. I used to run the extensions front and rear. I now run the rear OEM shocks without extensions since I have the EVO RockStars, which relocate the lower shock mount up 1.5"-2". So, it's perfect without them. The front, I do run the TF 9550 shocks. Hands down, better ride than OEM shocks up front with extensions.

IMO, get the TF BB with shocks. From the looks of it, most of your wheelin' will be on the beach.

Quick Reply: notice a diff between longer shocks vs. xtensions?