Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

o2 sensor

Old 06-27-2018, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks i just found it,crap cant be in a worse spot,what were they thinking when they designed that! iget taking off the fender but the battery box seems in the way as well
Old 06-27-2018, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

The EGR doesn't have to be terrible to do. I did my first one pretty early on (under 100k miles) and it came out easily. I just did it for a second time (third time actually, #2 was a defective valve) and it came right out. A stubby 3/8" ratchet with a 10 mm made easy work of it.

I initially bought the advance auto special (defective) and went with the Napa Elchin. The Napa included new bolts which is nice because I used the old ones to create a nice tap to clean out the threads. The BWD that I recently bought didn't include new bolts, just the gaskets....but I had the bolts leftover from before so I was able to chase the threads again before installing the new one.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor