Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

OFFICIAL "Have you timed yourself....?" THREAD

Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

~about 20 minutes for me to stop laughing hysterically after my neighbor, who was going for a ride with me, stepped on the sidestep and tried to more or less "walk" into the passenger seat, thereby slamming his head on the rollbar and falling backwards on his butt in the lawn with his eyes going -->

Old 07-19-2007, 10:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
~about 20 minutes for me to stop laughing hysterically after my neighbor, who was going for a ride with me, stepped on the sidestep and tried to more or less "walk" into the passenger seat, thereby slamming his head on the rollbar and falling backwards on his butt in the lawn with his eyes going -->

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA - I can see it now...
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Newbie

Happy....

I'm sure with more practice, you will laugh more and more as that continues t happen!
Old 07-19-2007, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Soft Top Times

After about 4 or 5 times, it's taking me about 7-8 minutes to take the softtop down (alone) on my 4 door Unlimited...it's fairly tough to get it back up with one person if you don't like to stand on your rear seat to pull the bows up...about 10-12 minutes with the wifey helping me puul the bows up from both sides...once the frames are on the slides, it's no problem...windows seem to zip in easier than the last couple of Wranglers/CJs...only problem is those stupid clips that hold the bar that goes across the tailgate. The engineer that invented them should be smacked. Oh yeah...the duster takes about 4-5 minutes...much better than the previous ones that had those nasty short straps with buckles...
Old 07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

I can't wait to see that one - you do have the video don't you!!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I can put the soft top into sunrider mode in 1 min...
I can put the soft top down my self in 6 min, 5 min with help getting it to fold right.
I can put the soft top up by myself in 7 min

I can take off the panels in 1 min and store them in the back...
I can take off the panels and hard top in 3 min and drive away

I can put it all back on in 5 min making sure the panels are lined up good....
I love having my torx bit screw gun and a power hoist, I only use the soft top for wheeling now
Old 07-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZToad
I can't wait to see that one - you do have the video don't you!!

... I wish i did! but we where just making a quck trip to the hardware store. I had no clue i needed to be filming that.

but then again...
two guys... credit card... hardware store... next to auto parts store... jeep....

on second thought, film should have been rolling
Old 07-20-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top up (no rear windows, I can't seem to remember where I put those things)- two minutes flat without getting out of the Jeep. F#%&*@g hailstorm! Don't know if I could repeat that though.

AND what's so funny about smacking your head on the roll bar and falling on yer ass anyhow? I guess I'll ask my wife, SHE thought it was hilarious.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "Have you timed yourself....?" THREAD