Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

oil change question?

Old 01-12-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default oil change question?

Maybe this has already been discussed however I searched and didn't find any answers.....I want to know If I do my own oil changes will Chrysler void my warranty? can anyone help me out? My Jeep is at 2100 miles and I would like to start doing my own oil changes. I have done this before on my 04 tundra and never had any issues with warranty, But I don't know if Chrysler is different since they offer the LIFETIME warranty.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save reciepts and use the maintenance log. Follow all the manufacturer recommendations. If there is ever a question kill them with paper work!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't imagine hurting the warranty IF you keep receipts and records, follow the owner's manual recommended intervals, and use the recommended fluids and filters. There's nothing in the warranty that states you must use a Chrysler-authorized service center. In fact, there's a whole section in the manual that guides you through self-service.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never had anyone ask if the oil was changed on a schedule. I always did for piece of mind.

Quick Reply: oil change question?