Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Oil consumption

Old 06-21-2012, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was doing the same, dealers say its normal to use 1 quart per 1K.
I didn't like it, so I traded for the 2012. But to ease your mind, think of all the
Caravans and Town & Country's on the road that seem to run forever.
They have the 3.8 and the same issues, but yet they seem bulletproof.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bymoosek
Mine was doing the same, dealers say its normal to use 1 quart per 1K.
I didn't like it, so I traded for the 2012. But to ease your mind, think of all the
Caravans and Town & Country's on the road that seem to run forever.
They have the 3.8 and the same issues, but yet they seem bulletproof.
That's been a thought in the back of my mind believe it or not. Yesterday I was at a redlight and next to me was a caravan that I swear I wondered how it was even running- this thing was beat all to hell which also of course made me think that there's no way regular maintenance was done on the motor if they don't take care of the outside either. And then I realized that we are prob running the same motor. It's a bit of reassurance I have to say.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Search Oil Sucking 3.8 on this forum....lots of folks same issue. If you are under waranty....get back to the dealer start a oil consumption test, and go form there.

Best of luck
Old 11-24-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by milcoast
That's been a thought in the back of my mind believe it or not. Yesterday I was at a redlight and next to me was a caravan that I swear I wondered how it was even running- this thing was beat all to hell which also of course made me think that there's no way regular maintenance was done on the motor if they don't take care of the outside either. And then I realized that we are prob running the same motor. It's a bit of reassurance I have to say.
I have to agree. Just today in a parking lot a Caravan passed by me as I was going in for a coffee. Nocking like a son of a gun. Outside not well cared for ect...ya they take a beating and just keep on haulin

Quick Reply: Oil consumption