Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Oklahoma -- Superchips Flashpaq Stolen!

Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Oklahoma -- Superchips Flashpaq Stolen!

Hey everyone,

Someone broke into my Rubi last night and rummaged through her. All they stole was my Flashpaq and I had a tune on her. So, if anyone in Oklahoma gets approached to buy one, let me know.

On another note. If anyone in Oklahoma has a Flashpaq and wants to return theirs to stock, then let me use their programmer long enough to return mine to stock until I can buy another one, please let me know as well. Once that's done you could put your jeep back to your settngs. I need to take it to the dealership and I don't want to do that with the tune on it.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RescueRubicon

On another note. If anyone in Oklahoma has a Flashpaq and wants to return theirs to stock, then let me use their programmer long enough to return mine to stock until I can buy another one, please let me know as well. Once that's done you could put your jeep back to your settngs. I need to take it to the dealership and I don't want to do that with the tune on it.
I'm hoping that I'm horribly wrong, but I don't think that's how it works.

You've got a tuned computer now. Your stock program was stored on your (now stolen) SuperChips. It's gone... bye bye.

I think the only way to get your stock tune back is for the dealer to do it.

Again....This is my understanding, but I'm really hoping that I'm wrong.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:23 AM
JK Newbie

I thought the tune reset automatically when the dealer plugged their computer in to scan it...

The main reason to reset back to stock before every visit is to avoid the $100 charge to unlock your tuner if the dealer plugs in and reverts it to stock.

If you know the serial # of your superchip, maybe SC customer service can help by locking down that particular unit? I know they can tune specific tuners using the S/N, so I don't see why they couldn't lock them down as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

The dealer can reset it to stock. They may file the fact that you had a tune on it in their system and give you grief for any future warranty claims that may arise.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

So, even if I was to buy another flashpaq, I would still need to go to the dealer to get a stock tune put back on it so that would be saved in that specific flashpaq?

Is there no other way to tune it back to stock?

This sux that this could void my warranty because of fu**ing thieves.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by WindMeUp
If you know the serial # of your superchip, maybe SC customer service can help by locking down that particular unit? I know they can tune specific tuners using the S/N, so I don't see why they couldn't lock them down as well.
That is the route I would go. They should have some way of flagging the number, though you may want to have a police report to back up your claim that it was stolen. Don't know that they would want to step into the middle of what could turn out to be nothing more than sellers remorse. (Not saying that it is, just that they have no way of knowing...)

Superchips is a sponsor, you can shoot Scott a pm and ask. Or post in the forums on their website.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
That is the route I would go. They should have some way of flagging the number, though you may want to have a police report to back up your claim that it was stolen. Don't know that they would want to step into the middle of what could turn out to be nothing more than sellers remorse. (Not saying that it is, just that they have no way of knowing...)

Superchips is a sponsor, you can shoot Scott a pm and ask. Or post in the forums on their website.
I've already spoke with SC customer service and they will flag the SN of the programmer for me. I had it registered, so that's not the issue. The fact that someone has my programmer and it's virtually useless to them is what is blowing my mind. That and the fact that it could void my warranty all together.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by RescueRubicon
I've already spoke with SC customer service and they will flag the SN of the programmer for me. I had it registered, so that's not the issue. The fact that someone has my programmer and it's virtually useless to them is what is blowing my mind. That and the fact that it could void my warranty all together.
Lots of people aren't aware of the VIN-lock. (Even people that already own one) And if the thief does know about it, $100 to unlock vs $340 new - or sell for a 'great deal' to someone that doesn't know...
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
Lots of people aren't aware of the VIN-lock. (Even people that already own one) And if the thief does know about it, $100 to unlock vs $340 new - or sell for a 'great deal' to someone that doesn't know...
I was about to say that too - but if the S/N is already flagged in the SC system, I assume it'll be pretty hard for anyone (although probably the poor sap who ends up buying it from the thief) to unlock it.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:07 AM
JK Super Freak

sorry to hear. chances are that the thief had no idea what he/she was taking other than it being an electronic. they saw something small, portable, and possibly easy to pawn. this is why i refuse to leave my ProCal in my jeep.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma -- Superchips Flashpaq Stolen!