Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

one jeep down the other one maybe

Old 04-07-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
are diesel engines really that much better on gas???
With the addition some cheaper mods like programmer/chip, exhaust, CAI you could see upwards of +5MPG better over a gasser in the same vehicle. As well, with the fuel MPG gains you can see some major HP & torque gains with these simple and cheap mods on some diesel motors. Also, advantage is the longevity of the diesel 100k miles is usually when you start breaking in a Diesel motor.

However, downfall of diesels, initial cost of vehicle purchase and when it breaks...it gets spendy and at certain times of the year diesel fuel can be more money at the pump.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by db99wj
See, I wouldn't trade my Jeep for anything else that is on the market. Seriously.

EDIT: Well maybe the JKU Truck Cop 4X4 built for SEMA!!!!!
Yeah I see what your saying. I mean I guess it comes down to what you enjoy the most. Obviously most people on this forum likely enjoy driving a Jeep the most. But for me the Jeep is second to muscle cars. I love, love, love my old school muscle and pony cars along with some of the newer ones. If I have to pay out of my ass for gas, lol, I would rather be driving a muscle car.

If I had enough surplus income I would definitely drive both a Jeep and a muscle car without a doubt.

Quick Reply: one jeep down the other one maybe