Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Only Took a Week...

Old 04-28-2007, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Only Took a Week...

I got my JK one week ago today (my first jeep). I was running some errands with the top down. On the way home, I got caught in some rain. No big deal...it's going to happen eventually, right? Anyway, I get out of the rain and am about two minutes from my house, when I have to make a sudden stop. Next thing I know, I hear screeching tires behind me, and then BAM!! Rear ended!! Luckily, it only looks like the right corner of the bumper needs popped back out. No other damage from what I can tell *finger crossed*. Not what I was expecting my first week to be like, but what can you do?
Old 04-28-2007, 06:18 PM
JK Jedi Master

As long as everyone is ok. The bumper can be fixed.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default So sorry.

I am glad you are fine...totally sux for the JK though.
I have been paranoid something like that is going to happen to mine....I hope you get it fixed up without a problem. Glad it wasn't any worse.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Glad it wasn't serious and no one was hurt. I've been on the recieving end of those too --- it sucks.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like the insurance company will be buying you an after market bumper. I thats all that's wrong, I would consider it lucky. I don't know what the estimate will be for a new bumper but I would be shopping! Glad you're okay.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

i don't know about you guys but it seems alot of people tail gait the jeep more then anything else ive drove. is it that or jeep is short to start with and just seems that way
Old 04-28-2007, 08:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by possumface
i don't know about you guys but it seems alot of people tail gait the jeep more then anything else ive drove. is it that or jeep is short to start with and just seems that way
They are trying to figure out what type of cool vehicle you are driving and where they can get one.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by possumface
Usually people drive around my Rubi. Maybe they want to see what kind of cool guy driving 07 Rubi!

As soon as I see someone tailgating me, I shift down the gear (without stepping on brake) to slow down -engine brake-. You can do that with automatic also... just turn off O/D (over-drive) or shift down to 2nd without stepping on brake (never shift down to 1st though!). That would make tailgaters sweat! That would make them go away!!

Last edited by moun10eer; 04-28-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CincyJK
I got my JK one week ago today (my first jeep). I was running some errands with the top down. On the way home, I got caught in some rain. No big deal...it's going to happen eventually, right? Anyway, I get out of the rain and am about two minutes from my house, when I have to make a sudden stop. Next thing I know, I hear screeching tires behind me, and then BAM!! Rear ended!! Luckily, it only looks like the right corner of the bumper needs popped back out. No other damage from what I can tell *finger crossed*. Not what I was expecting my first week to be like, but what can you do?
DAMN...DAMN DAMN!! Sorry to hear this. BUT...you know what? Your bad azz mofo JK did its job and protected YOU! AND its so tough only the bumper needs fixed....Oh damn...that means you might have to get a new super cool one!!!! oh drat!!!

You need to vent...drop me a PM...But....Your JK is going to be fine!! And YOU are still driving one of the most if not THE most fun all purpose all year round vehicle!

Quick Reply: Only Took a Week...