Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Open Carry

Old 05-29-2013, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Conceal carry is the only way I carry!! Just found the best holster for concealed carry. Called versacarry. Look it up.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SBEII

You'd be surprised how little attention people pay to their surroundings. I've had my shirt get caught between my grip and my body. I have no idea how long I walked around like that in Target.
That's kinda sad I had this happen to a guy at my work and 6 police officers showed up to ask him about his weapon and if he had a ccw
Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SeanFagan
Conceal carry is the only way I carry!! Just found the best holster for concealed carry. Called versacarry. Look it up.
There are much better choices out there, I'd be more interested in one that offers better comfort, better stability, the ability to reholster with one hand and safety. Don't go cheap or gimmicky on a holster for everyday CC, buy a quality holster

Last edited by slider_68; 05-30-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by crusaderJK

Or think of another scenario: You've just defeated an active shooter still holding your gun in your hands. Someone else (armed) who heard the gun fire comes to the scene and just sees you standing there with a weapon. - What do you think he's gonna do!?
Whether you conceal or open carry, if you've defeated an active shooter and haven't reholstered, your firearm will still be in your hands for all to see. This hypothetical situation has nothing to do with open or concealed carry.

Statistics from open carry states show that the fears of "being taken out first" simply are not executed in reality. Open carry also allows strangers to see that you are armed and, statistically, 0 threat, as criminals do not open carry, in fear of drawing unwanted attention.

However much I love the comfort and functionality of my Crossbreed SuperTuck IWB holster, I love my Blackhawk Serpa CQC OWB holster more. I can get quicker, easier draws and it's that much more comfortable. However, I still have a shirt or jacket over my firearm, so essentially, I'm still concealed, except for sometimes the bottom half inch of my holster.

I 100% support the right to choose open carry, I just personally prefer concealed.

Quick Reply: Open Carry