Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

opinions needed

Old 03-12-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blazer4949
With the dual tops, there should have been 2 cardboard boxes in the rear with the windows and stuff.
The Jeep is a used 2007.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by PegaZus
Now, back on topic, the problem could be that when it was traded in to the dealer, the previous owner may have kept the soft top windows! If so, there's not a lot the dealer could do about that. If they're serious about customer service, they'll do their best to get a set for you.
I'm sure this is what happened, however the dealership sold the Jeep as having dual tops, not one and a half tops.

I own and operate a family house painting business. Yesterday a job I bid took $400 more paint than what was bid for the job. My company ate that cost, not the customer. I get frustrated because customer service is vital in my business, yet very hard to find elsewhere.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Used or not, if it was advertised as a dual top and sold as a dual top then the dealership has the obligation to make it complete. They can go back to the previous owner but more than likely they should just order the parts. They should have been on top of that. Previous vehicles I have traded in, I put the psare parts in the trunk or bed. Maybe someone does not like CAI's so here's the original intake parts.
Bust their chops!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad used to process trade ins for Ford...the dealers he worked for took most aftermarket stuff off, and replaced it with factory.
Back on topic
you should have a complete top. that is why you paid extra. If they get you the parts, I would have them do a test install to make sure everything is there and functioning properly.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by myklt8
My dad used to process trade ins for Ford...the dealers he worked for took most aftermarket stuff off, and replaced it with factory.
Back on topic
you should have a complete top. that is why you paid extra. If they get you the parts, I would have them do a test install to make sure everything is there and functioning properly.

Yep, agreed. Then call Chrysler anyway, just because they jerked you around and they need to have a knot jerked in their butts for it.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Newbie

Talked to the dealership tonight. Everything is being ordered tomorrow, so all is good. Thanks for all the responses.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
JK Freak

Glad to hear they are making it right; now you can really enjoy your purchase!
Old 03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Freak

Don't relax just yet. They still have to order your parts and that leaves plenty of opportunity for somebody to screw up. lol

Quick Reply: opinions needed