Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Opinions Needed: Those Running 33's with Superchips

Old 01-14-2011, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the tow tune works the best with the added weight of the 33s. I still run 87 octane and haven't come into any issues. The shifts are smother, the jeep isn't searching for the right gear anymore. Just make sure you also put in the new tire size. You will be very please with the tow tune. Good luck and have fun!
Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi

Do you have a GPS??? You might want to use it to see if after you recalibrate for the tire, the mph matches the GPS. Sometimes it's a little touchy to get it just right just by measuring and plugging that into the flashpaq.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 AM
JK Freak

Well a small set back today

turns out that the flashpaq came back with a mismatch in vin numbers and says to contact superchips....I tried downloading the unlock code on the website, but says it cannot be completed to contact superchips.. I am thinking it may be a server issue that is not allowing me to downlod it without having to contact anyone

Amyone ever hear of this?

Alfy
Old 01-16-2011, 09:30 PM
JK Freak

Nobody has any input?
Old 01-16-2011, 10:47 PM
JK Freak

so you guys really think that it's worth it? im running 33s as well. and i sometimes feel like i cant hold speed on the interstate because it always has to downshift to keep moving. would the superchips fix this problem?

does the tow tune really help when towing? the most i normally tow is a small 18foot sailboat
Old 01-17-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ride_My_Jeep
Well a small set back today

turns out that the flashpaq came back with a mismatch in vin numbers and says to contact superchips....I tried downloading the unlock code on the website, but says it cannot be completed to contact superchips.. I am thinking it may be a server issue that is not allowing me to downlod it without having to contact anyone

Amyone ever hear of this?

Alfy

I purchased a used Superchips and it was locked due to the previous owner going into advanced tunes and not resetting them back to stock. We both got a hold of superchips and they unlocked it for $25.00 once the original owner sent Superchips his original receipt. If you are still locked just get a hold of someone at Superchips and fax them your original invoice and see if you can get a discount or no fees.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
so you guys really think that it's worth it?

does the tow tune really help when towing?
Yes, and Yes....
Old 01-17-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Freak

OK

I unlocked the flashpaq and adjusted for the 87 octane and 33" tires....A bit confused though,

I have the DC FC II tires and they are supposed to be 33"..I measured them and they just came under 32" with 28 psi..I changed the tire size to 32 on the flashpaq but when I compare my speedometer to my GPS, It looks like the speedometer is off by 1 mph or so

I am thinking bringing the tire size down to 31.75 will help with that... Anyone else had this issue?
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

OK

I unlocked the flashpaq and adjusted for the 87 octane and 33" tires....A bit confused though,

I have the DC FC II tires and they are supposed to be 33"..I measured them and they just came under 32" with 28 psi..I changed the tire size to 32 on the flashpaq but when I compare my speedometer to my GPS, It looks like the speedometer is off by 1 mph or so

I am thinking bringing the tire size down to 31.75 will help with that... Anyone else had this issue?
Yes.......I had a hard time getting mine dead on as well. Never did really. So I left it so I was actually going 1 mile an hour slower than the speedo shows.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK

I would say you are close enough within 1MPH. Just remember when you take your JK in for servicing to reset your JK back to stock and remember the advanced tunes you set as well.

Quick Reply: Opinions Needed: Those Running 33's with Superchips