Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: SRT6 Concept Question
Nope
80.57%
Limited Edition only like Range Rover
8.53%
Could work with less rice and more Jeep
11.37%
Undecied - will need to think about it and come back
1.42%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Opionion Needed On Pic

Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They can used the winch to drag out the car that takes their parking spot in the ghetto!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blasphemous!!!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Might as well just buy a nitro.
Old 03-10-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Default No

If it was given to me and I was paid a daily wage just to be seen in it and if gas was free for life i still wouldent drive it or park it in my driveway haha
Old 03-10-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Hi guys -

This pic has been around - however RIPP would like your opinion on the concept... We think a Wrangler is a do anything vehicle - We are not going to race our JK or drift it as depicted in the pic - just curious about the concept.

RIPPTECH
I'd rather see this than a JK with 20" wheels on low profiles and blinged out with chrome
Old 03-12-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Youri
I love it. Not so much how it looks, but what it represents and the reaction it evokes from people. It is an art piece, it is youth in car form. It's obnoxious, and different, and pointless, and a 'waste'. It makes the the old, lame, repeatable, predictable 'purists' angry. It makes them tear up, 'that's not what a jeep is supposed to be'. That's the beauty of it. It's not supposed to be that, but here it is, what now? That ugly orange thing is a rock hurled at a line of cops with their rifles pointed at the crowd. It's our, proud, reactionary 'NO!' to your generation's ossified values. Maybe it's stupid, but it's our stupid, and our stupid is better than your stupid. Why a winch? Because, why not? It makes you ask why, and that's reason enough. Why won't you let gays marry? Why did you keep blacks separate from whites?
Who ARE you? Dude, it's a Jeep forum, not an art gallery...

Why is it you're always provoking some sort of response by going against the grain...like now...damnit, you got me.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not my thing.
Wait......does it get better MPGs than mine?
Old 03-12-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

@ it having a winch!
I don't see how is that far fetched considering there are people on this site dropping Hemi's in their JK's everyday. I think it would need a lot of customization to be a success. The body lines and "boxy"ness of a JK is not very helpful as far as being sleek for a SRT like product. There is an a$$ for every seat as they say and although most on here are bias about keeping a Jeep off road, I'm sure there would be more interest than people think. The muscle car/horsepower days are back in a big way and I think something that is built well that can offer some good performance numbers has a chance.

Very interesting idea, I'll have to watch and see what you guys decide to do.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if RIPP did this and I owned a RIPP, I would tear it out and boycot them!!!!!!!!

It's a JEEP!!, don't become a sellout!!

Quick Reply: Opionion Needed On Pic