Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordered a 13' in Dune!

Old 04-18-2013, 05:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great color, congrats!
Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM
JK Junkie

The color is awesome. Nice headlights
Old 04-19-2013, 04:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zgstar

Sahara Tan is a fine vintage, classic and best color of the JKs. Dune does not even compare. And, for the record, Dune is NOT in the tan family. It is yellow. It is orange. It is yellow-orange. But NOT 'tan' in any way, shade or form! The color is very poorly named. I've seen at least 20 Dune JKs in person now, and I am telling you, this is the truth. There will be many 'Dune defenders' out there who ordered the color sight-unseen and are hoping the color will grow on them... but the fact is either you're a yellow-car person or you're not!

(I own a '12 Black all-body-colored-top-and-fendered JKU Sahara, but looked intently for a '12 Sahara Tan and gave up. People who have them are holding on to them!)
In July of 2011 I learned of the discontinuation of Sahara tan. Being I travel a lot, I literally scoured the country for mine. I found just 3 loaded out unlimited rubicons in Sahara tan. One in San Francisco, one in Phoenix and one on a train on its way to Manassas, va. . I scored the Manassas one, bought it sight unseen while in a hotel in Nashville, through the Manassas dealer around 9:00 at night. The dealer was so damn confused . he couldnt figure out how i knew of the jeep on the train before they did. i confirmed it with jeep corporate, gave the dealer the shipping info, he found it, we clised the deal. Picked it up a month later. So far, the highest offer I have had was $55k. Sadly, that is only about $7k above what I have in it, this far. As always, more to add. oh, and I'm giving it to my daughter in 8 years for her first car. She was part of the process in choosing a new vehicle and the parts I've put on so far.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Man I love that color...don't listen to the haters...DUNE all the way!!! Ive got a black 08 with the smittybilt front and rear fenders. I think it would look awesome two toned with the black fenders. Think i'm gonna have my hood and doors and windshield pillars painted Dune. Now i just gotta find the paint code
Old 04-21-2013, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the replies everyone. It's not for everyone, but it doesn't have to be lol thats why they have so many colors to choose from now.

Now I'm deciding in wheels/tires. Either 255/80/17 KM2's in the stock wheels, pony up for black AEV pintlers and some tires, or like on the last JK I did 33x12.50x15 Duratracs on 15" MB wheels.

Decisions decisions.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good, from the pictures looks kind of like a cross between dozer and Sahara tan. Both of which are great colors imo
Old 04-22-2013, 03:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Congrats!

Under what ever paint is applied....they're all still Jeeps from the core.

I've kept evey window sticker from any new vehical I've purchased....but to get one that has your name on it, built for you...very cool.

Enjoy the new Jeep
Old 04-24-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zgstar

Sahara Tan is a fine vintage, classic and best color of the JKs. Dune does not even compare. And, for the record, Dune is NOT in the tan family. It is yellow. It is orange. It is yellow-orange. But NOT 'tan' in any way, shade or form! The color is very poorly named. I've seen at least 20 Dune JKs in person now, and I am telling you, this is the truth. There will be many 'Dune defenders' out there who ordered the color sight-unseen and are hoping the color will grow on them... but the fact is either you're a yellow-car person or you're not!

(I own a '12 Black all-body-colored-top-and-fendered JKU Sahara, but looked intently for a '12 Sahara Tan and gave up. People who have them are holding on to them!)
I agree. When I drove by the lot at freeway speeds and saw it for the first time I thought that was the tan I've been waiting for.
Then I went to the dealer and looked at it up close. I could see PEACH staring back.
I'm sorry guys, I love the new JK and the old Sahara tan but under sunlight it's no longer tan. So I went with the baby puke army green (lol) but then again, I like the military colors.
And glad you like ur color. I think they all look bad ass regardless. So like I am.....enjoy yours!

Quick Reply: Ordered a 13' in Dune!