Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering issues...

Old 10-04-2006, 02:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering issues...

So we went to order a 2 Door today.

I want the D44 rear axle, because it will be wheeled in the future.

the book at the dealer, with the Codes says. the D44 is standard equiptment for X models.

However when we looked at the Tow package it says swap in the D44 HD with 4:10 gears... and online it does not show the D44 with the X..

So Does the X have a D44, or a beefed up 35, the dealer was honest he said he didnt know.
We went ahead and order the tow package, wanting the 4:10's and D44.

it was only $270 anyways..

which is it?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:18 AM
JK Freak

Stock the X has a Dana 30 in the front and 35 in the rear. with the tow package added it swaps out the rear for a dana 44 (for the added towing loads) and adds the 4.10 gearing ratio. Still has the 30 up front though. (correct me if im wrong here guys) I should have definatly done the tow package on my X but oh well, at least i was smart enough to get the 4.10's!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

And if you were even considering an Unltd, they come with the 44 stock in the rear...
Old 10-05-2006, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by ericdewayne
Stock the X has a Dana 30 in the front and 35 in the rear. with the tow package added it swaps out the rear for a dana 44 (for the added towing loads) and adds the 4.10 gearing ratio. Still has the 30 up front though. (correct me if im wrong here guys) I should have definatly done the tow package on my X but oh well, at least i was smart enough to get the 4.10's!
that is what is what i understood, but in magazines and Online it shows a 44. as well as the book with all the codes..

when i ordered a new VW, it also had conflicting specs..
Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
JK Freak

Eddie (wayoflife) and a few others in here are a lot more knowledgable about this stuff than me, but since the JK is all new for everybody there could be some differences in what your dealer thinks is standard and what is actually standard. I actually purchaced a 2 dr X and its definatly getting shipped to me with a 30 in front and a 35 in the rear. And trust me I definatly didnt choose to downgrade that. lol I did however upgrade to the 4.10 gearing for a measley 40 bucks or so though. but other than the gearing its gonna be a 30 in the fron and 35 in back. Hopefully to upgrade to some cromoly shafts to help out my 3" full traction ultimate lift and 35 inch meats underneath it all. As far as dealer ordering options go I saw that Don-A-Vee Jeep is now a member on here, maybe he could help ya out further with that if im wrong with anything.

Quick Reply: Ordering issues...