Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Ordering New Wrangler

Old 07-14-2014, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering New Wrangler

I'm considering ordering a new Wrangler from the factory this fall before I leave for OTS, hopefully timing it to be ready when I graduate in December. Its just very difficult for me to find a Wrangler with the exact options I want, mainly because it seems like every new one sitting on any lot in this part of the country is an automatic. I'd prefer to order one so that it has exactly what I want, with nothing lacking and nothing extra.

Does anyone know where I can find all the order codes and available packages? I'm thinking about getting the Sport or Sport S. The wheels on the Sport are terrible, but I think I could order a set of Rubi wheels/tires for way less than the cost of the 32" wheel package.

Also, if anyone has any advice on the order process or anything, I'd appreciate the input!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:40 PM
JK Newbie

I have some 14 sahara wheels and tires all five with 4500 miles on them for 500.00
Old 07-14-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Be sure to get the EVIC system. I think it is included when you order an audio system with U-connect.

EVIC gives you control over several vehicle functions that can otherwise only be changed by the dealer at your cost. EVIC also gives you access to information about the vehicle.

I made the mistake of getting a new JK without EVIC. Been kicking myself since.

It is easy to tell if the rig has EVIC. Without it there are only 2 buttons on the left side of the steering wheel. With EVIC there are 4 or 5 buttons.

Edit: The Sport S package will include bigger alloy wheels and 32" tires unless things have changed since '11. The S is a great package. Gets you all the nice stuff on the interior for way less than individual options.

Last edited by Freewill; 07-14-2014 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by willworkforJK
I'm considering ordering a new Wrangler from the factory this fall before I leave for OTS, hopefully timing it to be ready when I graduate in December. Its just very difficult for me to find a Wrangler with the exact options I want, mainly because it seems like every new one sitting on any lot in this part of the country is an automatic. I'd prefer to order one so that it has exactly what I want, with nothing lacking and nothing extra.

Does anyone know where I can find all the order codes and available packages? I'm thinking about getting the Sport or Sport S. The wheels on the Sport are terrible, but I think I could order a set of Rubi wheels/tires for way less than the cost of the 32" wheel package.

Also, if anyone has any advice on the order process or anything, I'd appreciate the input!
Good luck with the OTS, and many thanks for your service.
I've ordered three jeeps, and they've all been keepers because they were exactly as I wanted them. However, on my 2012 JKUR I wasn't able to get wheels or a bumper that weren't offered on that model. I like my local dealer a lot, but they just weren't able to do it. Patrick O'Donnell, pat@Fieldsauto.com is a frequent contributor to the Wrangler forums. I don't know him personally, but he really seems to know his jeeps. I'd bet he'd be happy to give you all the information you need. Also, getting a Chrysler affiliate discount is helpful. It guarantees you a below invoice price even before any further negotiating. One way to become an affiliate is to become a Tread Lightly member. It was $60 for three years when I joined.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Well, I just realized it looks like A/C isn't available at all on the Sport model, so I think its going to have to be Sport S. The options I'm looking at (based on Build & Price on Jeep's website):

-JKU Sport S
-Anvil Gray
-UConnect 430
-Premium Sound and Leather by Mopar
-Premium Sunrider Soft Top
-Manual trans
-Connectivity Group
-Max Tow (Incl 3.71 gear)

These are the ones I liked on the website, but I thought there were more options available... And also, this is for 2014, not sure why 2015 isn't available. I'd really like to see the invoice prices too. This configuration comes to $35,415 MSRP, so knowing the invoice would help me estimate the final price after the Tread Lightly discount.

Also, does anyone know if you can combine the TL discount, mil $500 discount, and recent college grad $500 discount?
Old 07-14-2014, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

hit up truecar type places, thats what i did, they came all came in around 5-7% under msrp for my part of the world for what i should pay, i found a no haggle best price dealer locally that was at the acceptable median price point and love my jku rubicon. i agree with you tha the sport wheels are a fugly sin, someone should be beaten for designing them, the willy/rubicon wheels are beautifull though. have you considered a willy wheeler? I had considered ordering one of those, and you wont be ordering a 14, 15s are now scheduled for production, the website might just be out of date on that.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by willworkforJK
Well, I just realized it looks like A/C isn't available at all on the Sport model, so I think its going to have to be Sport S. The options I'm looking at (based on Build & Price on Jeep's website):

-JKU Sport S
-Anvil Gray
-UConnect 430
-Premium Sound and Leather by Mopar
-Premium Sunrider Soft Top
-Manual trans
-Connectivity Group
-Max Tow (Incl 3.71 gear)

These are the ones I liked on the website, but I thought there were more options available... And also, this is for 2014, not sure why 2015 isn't available. I'd really like to see the invoice prices too. This configuration comes to $35,415 MSRP, so knowing the invoice would help me estimate the final price after the Tread Lightly discount.

Also, does anyone know if you can combine the TL discount, mil $500 discount, and recent college grad $500 discount?
That seems a little steep to me. Granted mine is a 2013 Commando Green Rubicon Unlimited with every option including leather, Nav, everything, I paid $37k out the door. One year shouldnt make that much difference.
Old 07-15-2014, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RedRockJeeper
That seems a little steep to me. Granted mine is a 2013 Commando Green Rubicon Unlimited with every option including leather, Nav, everything, I paid $37k out the door. One year shouldnt make that much difference.
That's just the price from Jeep's Build and Price tool. I'm sure invoice price is a good bid lower, but I have no idea how to find the actual invoice price.

Quick Reply: Ordering New Wrangler