Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Pa inspection

Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pa inspection

So I switched over to pa registration rather then nj and now have to get inspected. How bad are they and does anyone know if its like NJ and is just exhaust or will they kill me because its lifted and rusted
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-737242861.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	398261  
Old 12-14-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

May just be checking to see if your smog crap is there
Old 12-14-2012, 04:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Make sure your wheels don't stick out past your fenders. You won't pass inspection in PA.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:57 PM
JK Freak

Depending on where in pa you are you could go to a jeep shop like the jeep store in chester springs, or jeff daniels in harleysville. They understand.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

From the PA DMV's website:
Safety inspections for passenger cars and light-duty trucks require that the following items be checked: suspension components, steering, braking systems, tires and wheels, lighting and electrical systems, glazing (glass), mirrors, windshield washer, defroster, wipers, fuel systems, the speedometer, the odometer, the exhaust systems, horns and warning devices, the body, and chassis. For most vehicles in the 42 county, Non-I/M region this safety inspection will also include a Visual Anti-Tampering Check. The Visual Anti-Tampering Check is an examination of the vehicle to see if the required emissions components have been tampered with or removed. For more information concerning the 42 County Visual Anti-Tampering Check please reference Section 175.80 of Subchapter E, of the Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Regulations. For a complete list of the rejection criteria for passenger cars and light duty trucks, please visit Subchapter E of the Vehicle Equipment and Inspection Regulations.
Basically, as long as nothing is broken and your tire tread is covered you're good to go. Emissions is required in certain counties, so that depends on where you will be registering it.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

My tires stick way further then the fenders
Old 12-14-2012, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These guys took care of me back in 2000-2004 with my 4Runners.
Sean was the owner. He did body work and lift in stall on 2 1989 4Runners, one grey, one yellow. He might remember me as a reference.

C&D Autoworks
4710 Wingate Street
Philadelphia, PA 19136
(215) 332-3755
Old 12-15-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Freak

Borrow stock jeep tires for the test?
Old 12-15-2012, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

As long as tread don't stick past the fenders.( borrow stock wheels if possible). And pending on county the sniff test. I live in western pa in butler county and as long as the muffler is on and the cat is there but doesn't have to be functional it passes. But the county below me is allegheny county where Pittsburgh is and they have a sniff test. So your cats have to work. Then is the simple stuff like brakes, lights, windshield. Pending on who is doing the inspection and how anal the are. All lights have to be visible. My gf's dad inspects mine and he don't care but tells me what's legal and what's not. He just tells me anything I do I did it the day after he inspected it. Lol
Old 12-16-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jkkrawler
As long as tread don't stick past the fenders.( borrow stock wheels if possible). And pending on county the sniff test. I live in western pa in butler county and as long as the muffler is on and the cat is there but doesn't have to be functional it passes. But the county below me is allegheny county where Pittsburgh is and they have a sniff test. So your cats have to work. Then is the simple stuff like brakes, lights, windshield. Pending on who is doing the inspection and how anal the are. All lights have to be visible. My gf's dad inspects mine and he don't care but tells me what's legal and what's not. He just tells me anything I do I did it the day after he inspected it. Lol
Any way i can send it to him lol

Quick Reply: Pa inspection